Technical Advisor (E-Waste) at GIZ Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GIZ Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: GIZ Jobs in Ghana - IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The project ” Environmentally Sound Disposal and Recycling of E-Waste in Ghana ” (in short E-Waste Programme) supports the Ministry of environment, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI) of the Republic of Ghana in introducing sustainable e-waste management.
Scope of the Role
• The Technical Advisor is responsible for business support to the private e-waste recycling sector, to the repair sector regarding e-waste collection, the organizational support to the recyclers’ umbrella organizations, the cooperation between the GIZ E-waste program and national agencies in regards of auditing and counselling services for recycling companies and for networking with all relevant public and private stakeholders.
• Support to the technical and business development of the private ewaste recycling sector, needs assessment, gap analysis, interface
management of formal and informal e-waste recyclers, technical solutions and brokering funds
• Technical and business support to the repair sector, support to theumbrella organisation, initiate stakeholder dialogues
• Organizational support to establishment of an umbrella organisation for the recycling industry, needs assessment, support formulation of
funding proposals, support to the definition of the role as umbrella organisation
• Cooperate with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in regards of auditing and counselling services for recycling companies, advice on rules and regulations to private e-waste sector companies
• Support cooperation and dialogue with partners and relevant stakeholders, promote the exchange of ideas between different stakeholder groups
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management and/or Urban Planning and/or Environmental Sanitation and Waste
Management (equivalent MSc)
• 5-10 years professional experience in private and public sector in Ghana, mainly focusing on environmental management
• Very good knowledge of e-waste related international conventions, national laws and regulations
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
• Excellent knowledge of the English language
Strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2022/E-Waste/01/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 25 January, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.