Team Leader at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Since 2018, IFDC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development West Africa Mission’s (USAID/WA) Feed the Future Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS) program, in partnership with ECOWAS, UEMOA, CILSS, CORAF, and WAFA, inter-alia.
USAID/WA is considering a 3-year cost and time extension of the EnGRAIS project, with a focus on four workstreams: (workstream 1) Boosting the private sector-led supply of quality fertilizer and seed inputs through public-private partnerships (PPPs); (workstream 2) Increasing nutrient use efficiency through scaling up of dissemination and adoption of innovative and efficient agricultural input packages (AIPs) under the framework of the ECOWAS Regional Agricultural Input Strategy; (workstream 3) improving and harmonizing fertilizer policy and regulatory systems across West Africa in accordance with ECOWAS guidance, and (workstream 4) Facilitating knowledge dissemination of large-scale, high-quality fertilizer market data.
1.2 Position Description
IFDC is seeking to recruit a Policy Team Leader. He/she will be responsible to facilitate harmonization and improvement of fertilizer policy and regulatory systems across West Africa in accordance with ECOWAS guidance.
The Policy Team Leader will work to facilitate harmonization and implementation process for fertilizer subsidy policies and regulations.
In addition, he / she will work to ensure harmonization of policies and regulations for duty- and tax-free movement across regions and the development of capacity for quality control.
The Policy Team Leader will work closely with and support the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) in implementing the overall project and lead the implementation of the third workstream (policies).
1.3 Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) in charge of implementation of the EnGRAIS project, the successful candidate shall inter alia perform the following roles and responsibilities
- Provide support to ECOWAS and its Member States in the creation of market conditions necessary to foster a competitive and robust private fertilizer sector.
- Advocate with ECOWAS and UEMOA policy adjustments to facilitate national subsidy reforms.
- Support governments of ECOWAS Member States to reform current fertilizer subsidy programs into smart subsidies.
- Use the EnGRAIS various products/tools to advocate for fertilizers without borders and for tax free in the ECOWAS regions.
- Finalize ongoing regional tools/materials, guides regulation related to ECOWAS regional fertilizer regulatory framework.
- Work with ECOWAS and UEMOA to strengthen the capacity of Member States to enforce existing harmonized regulatory frameworks.
- Assist Member States in completing and enforcing the regulatory framework for quality fertilizers, including organic fertilizers, and management practices. Work with keys stakeholders such as AGRA, AFAP and the African Development Bank for completion of the regional regulations, with specific provisions relating to lime and blended, organic, and biofertilizers in the Regional Agro Inputs Strategy framework.
1.4 Duty station
This position may be posted to any of the current IFDC office locations in West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal, or Togo). He/she should be available to travel frequently within and outside the region when called upon to.
The position is open for the duration of the project (March 2023 – Feb 2026), subject to availability of funding.
1.6 Equal opportunity
IFDC is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered for employment with no discrimination on the basis of their protected characteristics (race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age, marital status, disability).
Interested candidates must send their resumes in English accompanied with a motivation letter in either English or French.
- Master’s Degree in agriculture, economics, trade policy, international development, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO, in government or regional economic bodies in a similar role, or experience working in private sector agri-businesses in one of more of the target countries. Experience with USAID–funded projects is an advantage.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the private sector, government entities, and international donors.
- Strong knowledge of smallholder farming systems, and agri-inputs at a national and regional context.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English or French and working knowledge in the other.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023