Teaching Hospital Logistics Support Officer at Chemonics International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Duties and Responsibilities (General)
• Support THMS/ART/TB Clinics to conduct monthly physical counts for program commodities
• Support THMS to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports with key recommendations to Pharmacy Management and central offices for timely decision-making and conduct follow-up with central level authorities
• Provide general technical logistics management support to the THMS; prepare and implement action plans to address identified supply chain management issues.
• Maintain and regularly update a database of health commodity logistics data such as worksheets, historic issues data at the THMS, consumption data and data on receipts from the IHS warehouse and CMS and other sources, and any other relevant data needed for decision making.
• Participate in monitoring implementation of specific inventions by MOH/GHS Health Programs, USAID GHSC-PSM and other IPs including activities aimed at improving logistics management practices in the facility.
• Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Health or Supply chain or business-related discipline.
• Understands Ghana Public Health Value Chain
• A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage and product distribution.
• Data analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to lead meetings.
• Resourcefulness and a desire to help others.
• Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
• Must be able to learn and support new and fast changing technologies.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must have a good command of the English language
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Komfo Anokye, Kumasi with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Supervision and Reporting
• The logistics support officer will work in collaboration with the management of the Teaching Hospital Pharmacy Department, Medical Store and ART Clinic to support in health commodity logistics management activities and shall report to the Director of Pharmacy and Chemonics GFLS Project Coordinator.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022