Teacher of Challenge Program at Design & Technology Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Design & Technology Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
• To develop and equip students with Life skills through experiential learning, instruction and guidance on how to effectively handle the challenges and problems commonly encountered in daily life.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
• Coach and challenge students to become focused, self-controlled, self-motivated risk takers in order to achieve their goals especially in a world filled with distractions and information overload.
• Motivate students to willingly advance new solutions in the culture/environment in which they work.
• Guide students to the point where they are able to assess the consequences of their own decisions.
• Train students on how to build trust and maintain their networks particularly, in the workplace.
• Give students regular constructive feedback which is essential to creating a high-quality connection that facilitates change.
• Assign students challenging projects to enable them develop critical thinking and perspective taking skills.
• Help students to become self-aware by occasionally requesting them to do some introspection so that they can better regulate their emotions.
• Create situations that help students learn how to identify and cope with stress.
• Give students opportunities to make presentations to build their confidence and verbal communication skills.
• Complete term and other reports on the School Management System when implemented.
O Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
O Support students through counselling with academic problems and encouragement and mentoring.
O Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations.
O Protect students from all forms of abuse.
• Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
• Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experimental activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
• Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of school programmes such as Safeguarding, Gender programming, community project, school work transitions, and workplace experience.
• Agree performance objectives and targets with the Director of Studies at the beginning of every academic year and prepare self-assessments for performance appraisals.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Institute.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a BA/ B.Sc. degree in Psychology or Social Work with 3-5 years’ experience in Teaching and Counselling or in Psychology Practice involving support to the youth.
• Experience with behaviour change management
• A team player with a great deal of patience.
• Ability to work with young people
• Able to facilitate programs and manage people
• Able to use computers (word possessor, spreadsheet)
• Knowledge of School Management Software
NB: Male Applicants are encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationAll CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 26 August, 2022