Talent Management Specialist – Inclusion and Diversity at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Support the Manager – Talent Management, and Inclusion and Diversity to achieve our commitments in leading practice for Inclusion and Diversity, and Talent practices in the Africa region.
- Support in building a pathway to achieving Newmont’s desired targets.
- Responsible for delivering the Inclusion and Diversity function with direct accountability of sourcing, acquisition, talent movement and retention with an emphasis on implementation of global and regional and talent development programs.
- The role will support the Manager – Talent Management, Inclusion and Diversity with the performance management processes and succession planning activities.
In This Role You Will:
- Support the implementation of Newmont’s Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) strategy in partnership with the regional leaders and workforce.
- Support Newmont’s acquisition agenda in opportunities that exceed the needs of the next generation, educate and support the talent acquisition team members in regards to I&D sourcing strategies.
- Implement proactive sourcing solution for hard to fill vacancies, utilising LinkedIn and social media platforms to ensure brand development and ensuring I&D opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Support Regional Business Resource Group (BRG) leaders and Executive Sponsors to progress I&D programs, aligned to global and regional I&D strategy and business priorities.
- Support programs and processes to progress the talent management strategy in the region, including the annual performance management program, talent assessment & succession planning and expat assignment management with a focus on inclusion.
- Support in the administration and facilitation of Newmont Talent Management, Succession Planning, and career & leadership development programs (e.g. Frontline Leadership training, Inclusive Leadership training).
- Provide inclusion & diversity data analysis and support.
- Support the development and implementation of an inclusion and diversity focused talent retention strategy.
- Support the delivery of skill building programs and upskill Human Resources teams in the region to directly mentor and support leaders and employees.
- Support internal partners to integrate inclusion and diversity through regional programs.
- Report on the delivery of the Inclusion & Diversity strategy and track progress towards representation and development targets.
- Contribute to other Talent Management workstreams and initiatives as needed.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Development or other related field, with demonstrated work related experience in a similar position; or a high level of experience in Inclusion and Diversity leadership role.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of human resources experience, preferably in talent development, succession planning, training, employee engagement or performance management.
- Excellent relationship management and collaborations skills across all levels, and an ability to influence others by establishing trust and credibility.
- Growth approach paired with a strong desire to continuously seek out improvement opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills along with facilitation and organizational change experience.
- Role modeling of inclusive behaviour with a proven dedication to personal learning, continuous improvement and cultural proficiency.
- Demonstrate contribution to building inclusive work environments and a diverse talent pool; understanding of dynamics and needs related to historically marginalized groups.
- Strong project management skills and experience converting strategy into actions; attention to detail and complete follow-through; ability to prioritize and manage multiple results.
- Ability to work within a multinational corporation and collaborate across matrix relationships and cultures; ability to maintain a balanced regional perspective without losing sight of operationally relevant local nuances.
- Detail focused.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Accra office.
- Position supports global programs and contributes to strategies across the Africa region.
- Incumbent will be responsible for the planning and delivery of Talent and I&D initiatives.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :1st Sept. 2021