Systems Strengthening Program Officer at Chemonics International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Work with a team of technical staff to meet project objectives focused on systems strengthening and capacity building at the central, regional, and local level.
• Work with a team of technical staff and key GHS counterparts to identify areas of logistics management that require strengthening and participate in preparation and implementation of interventions to address identified weaknesses and to monitor and evaluate improvement.
• Participate in the conceptualization, design and deployment of innovative solutions to strengthen the national supply system with special emphasis on distribution, warehouse improvements and Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) for health commodities.
• Work with SSDM, P&S and other partners to develop and make functional sustainable coordination structures for logistics activities in Ghana including management of LMIS, quantification and procurement planning, supply chain workforce development, framework contracting and monitoring and evaluation, among other key activities.
• Participate in development and costing of annual work plans, and quarterly implementation plans for the GHSC-PSM Program to ensure they are responsive to client expectations and address local needs.
• Develop strategies for supply system strengthening and commodity security in conjunction with government health officials, providers (including private sector) to examine critical policy issues in organizational management, supply system finance and policy
• Conduct monitoring and supervision visits using project’s tools. Analyze supervision and monitoring findings and provide recommendations for improvement. Provide on the job training to address relevant issues identified at regional medical stores, central medical stores and at the facility levels.
• Serve as a resource and provide input in logistics system development, policy development, monitoring and evaluation, and other areas that have a direct or indirect impact on logistics management within the health sector in Ghana
• Document and file innovations to increase utilization of the Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System, improve data quality at all levels of supply chain activity in the field, and increase access to information on logistics data for enhanced decision making at all levels of the health supply chain.
• Work with the various Program Officers, SSDM and other stake holders to develop and implement a sustainable short term and long-term capacity building strategy for logistics management for health workers in Ghana.
• Support Systems Strengthening Team Lead with strategic planning and the development of a web-based logistics management information system to improve data visibility and decision-making regarding supply chain management.
• When requested by the Systems Strengthening Team Lead, attend or co-attend technical meetings and represent the project to USAID, partners, and the MOH, liaising with partners and stakeholders at the central, regional, and local levels.
• Develop technical manuals, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for systems strengthening.
• Provide technical assistance to implementing partners on health commodity supply chain
• Document and track lessons learned in systems strengthening initiatives.
• Other duties as required by leadership.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Master’s Degree in any of the following– Supply Chain, Project Management, Pharmacy, Public Health, Health Systems, Public Policy, or a related field.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in supply chain systems strengthening; USAID experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience implementing supply chain/ systems strengthening programs in developing countries.
• Knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred.
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and sub-national levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Data management skills preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
Level of Effort and Location
• This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th May. 2022