Systems Analyst at University of Ghana Computing Systems
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana Computing Systems
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
JOB TITLE Systems Analyst
UNIT Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer (IT Services)
• The Systems Analyst is to provide support to the Deputy CITO IT Services and the Head of Academic Computing (HAC).
• The Systems Analyst will be for major areas within the Academic Computing including Library Management Systems, web interfaces for the Library, live chat systems and support the institutional repository (UG Space) and any others assigned by the CITO/Deputy CITO.
Key responsibilities include, among others, to:
Have oversight responsibility under the auspices of HAC. These include:
• Implement and maintain consistent and reliable operation, delivery, and access to the University’s Sierra Integrated Library System (ILS).
• Coordinate WebPAC customisations and improvements by working with the Libraries and the ILS vendor.
• Implement and maintain consistent and reliable operation, delivery, and access to the University’s Institutional Repository System (UGSpace).
• Provision of systems administration and support for UG EZproxy server.
• Provision of Systems support to all the University’s Academic Databases, Ebook Platforms, and the EBSCO Discovery Service.
• Systems maintenance of UG Libraries Ask-a-Librarian Live Chat application, Past exams’ papers application and Research Guides Platform.
• Oversee the provision of timely and efficient troubleshooting assistance to users by investigating all questions/issues relating to the ILS and taking appropriate action for resolution.
• Provide support to library staff and other UG users from issue identification through resolution on the use of all Library and Research services platforms.
• Provide leadership in the use of open-source systems to implement applications for use at UG Libraries and other allied research units at UG.
• Coordinate the generation of ad hoc and recurring reports generated in the ILS, UGSpace, EZproxy and other library and research applications.
• Plan and organize periodic training for Librarians, Faculty, and students on the use of the varied Library services platforms.
• Provide and make recommendations for systemic improvements in the use of all library systems.
• Evaluate, recommend, and pilot new library technologies as appropriate.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the CITO or the University Librarian.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• A good first degree in a Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or any other relevant areas and a master’s degree in preferably Information Studies or Computer Science and Information Technology
• A minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant working experience in administering EZproxy, a Sierra ILS and an Institutional Repository using DSpace.
• Experience with HTML, PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
• Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
• Ability to coordinate and work with teams.
• Possession of any relevant professional certification could be an advantage. Appreciation of IP Protocols and internet working of IP and Data Networks is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the
University of Ghana, through
[email protected] (Electronic copy only)
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
1. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
3. Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
a. Professional competence and work output
b. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
c. General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
d. Interpersonal skills
e. Any other relevant information
Applications should reach:
Closing Date: 30 June, 2023