STC: Data Analyst at IFC – International Finance Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: IFC – International Finance Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
IFC’s Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) department covers sectors which cater to basic human needs such as food, shelter, jobs, and health and education. These sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers, create jobs, contribute to government revenue, and stimulate growth through SMEs.
IFC’s priorities in MAS are: (i) increasing access to goods and services, with a particular focus on frontier countries and regions; (ii) building top sector expertise to make IFC the preferred partner for key clients (iii) supporting local companies, while improving their transparency, efficiency and sustainability; (iv) catalyzing foreign investment, including mobilizing B loans and parallel loans; and (v) developing client, sector and country-level solutions that can be scaled and replicated with a special focus on climate change.
IFC is partnering with higher education regulators in Ghana and South Africa to conduct a graduate outcomes survey in order to measure employment outcomes of graduates of higher education institutions including skills utilization, further study activities, and graduate satisfaction. To understand the higher education sector and the state of the graduate labor market.
IFC is seeking a Data Analyst to work in collaboration with IFC technical experts to conduct data cleaning, merging, analysis, and dissemination of the results of the graduate outcome survey. The Data Analyst should be proficient in SPSS and is expected to support the employability team in Ghana and South Africa.
1. Data cleaning:
- Review data files and conduct basic data cleaning to identify and remove inaccurate and irrelevant information from raw data;
- Combine datasets and ensure clean merges;
- Conduct data quality checks to capture any errors around survey routing, such as mandatory questions skipped, and incorrect questions being answered given the answers selected.
2. Data analysis:
- Assess the extent to which the sample for the survey shows similar characteristics to the population of graduates;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in the survey results at a granular level, e.g.
- employment rates by higher education provider and program;
- Present relevant comparative analysis of results by higher education provider;
- Compare answers of select survey questions against published labor market data and other national sources to validate the accuracy of the data collected;
- Identify partial responses and conduct analysis of what could constitute as a sufficient response to be included in final analysis of survey data;
- Create survey results coding manual that contains necessary information for users to analyze their raw survey results.
3. Data dissemination:
- Create charts and graphs to visually present the survey data; ensure data accuracy and clarity of message;
- Support with reporting on statistical outputs to different stakeholders;
- Support with developing a dissemination communication plan covering all potential users of data.
- Commitment to the World Bank Group mission, strategy and values;
- University degree and at least 3 years of work experience;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a drive for excellence;
- Extensive knowledge of statistical data packages (SPSS preferred);
- Sound business judgment, demonstrated ability to deliver results under challenging timetables;
- Sound communications skills and excellent written English;
- Interest in data analysis and research.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th July. 2022