Sr. Finance Controller at GRUNDFOS
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GRUNDFOS
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Are you ready to take on a challenging role with excellent possibilities for your career in a global organization? Do you have solid financial management and accounting experience? If so, then we are keen to hear from you and discuss how this role will allow you to have a real impact on the financial operations of Grundfos across Middle East, Turkey, Africa (META) Regions.
What is the job about?
The Senior Financial Controller will be accountable for ensuring a compliant and optimized financial reporting and managing statutory and tax statements for Grundfos Entities (Ghana & Nigeria) and performance units (based on local GAAP).
- Drive optimization and cost effectiveness related to standardized, automated and simplified global finance processes (in order to make it easier to work for Grundfos).
- Drive compliance excellence within Finance Controlling and operational excellence for non-streamline companies
- Ensure accurate and timely month end closing and reporting processes based on the above accounting principles across performance units and legal entities
You will be the main point of contact of the Finance Business Partner organization on all finance controlling and accounting matters in Ghana & Nigeria. You will be based in our Ghana office and will report directly to the Finance Manager, Controlling (META). Other responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Lead accurate monthly/year-end reporting according to Grundfos GAAP as well as statutory financial statements for legal entities including relationship to statutory outsourcing partner (Ernst & Young)
- Deliver accurate and timely monthly/year-end reporting on Performance Unit and Profit Center level (as it is defined in the relevant RASCI) with adherence to all Finance and Performance Management (PMA, Cognos, Conversion Cost) guidelines and procedures.
- Lead efficient and value adding external audit process with auditors (Ernst & Young)
- Challenge and support harmonization, efficiency and effectiveness of global finance controlling/accounting processes, statutory compliance processes and internal control processes
- Develop finance controlling/accounting teams that are able to challenge and improve accounting processes and are masters of Grundfos GAAP including bridging SAP, Cognos and PMA
- Owner of balance sheets including split between Segments, balance sheet reviews for all legal entities
- Owner of cost allocations between performance units including e.g. accruals, wages, pension schemes
- Ensure optimal control environment at legal entity level including follow-up on internal control observations from GIAS
- Drive efficient company structure and capital structure with Tax and Treasury
- Drive efficient performance unit / profit center structure with FBP and GFP&A (as defined in the relevant RASCI)
- Manage collections in close collaboration with strategic credit managers from Finance Business Partner organization by executing on agreed collection strategies for the respective customer segments
- Act as a Company Secretary and be responsible for local legal obligations regarding Board Meetings, Annual General Meetings and other Corporate legal matters
- Be main contact to local authorities, local auditors and local outsourcing partner
- Support HR and Admin functions when needed
What do you need to apply?
- You hold a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant disciplines
- You have 5-6 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting activities from a multinational company or auditing firm
- You will have relevant experience with statutory or taxation activities in local or regional scope
- You will have good working experience and knowledge in SAP system
- You also have some exposure to complex control environments in an international setting
- You speak and write English fluently
It is important to us that you possess high ethical standards, just as you thrive on a healthy control environment as a prerequisite for producing timely, correct and transparent information. As a person you are self-driven and proactive, able to take in more than one task at a time, drive them forward and still maintain a strong focus on quality and process. You are structured and analytical in your approach to challenges. Finally, you have a good business understanding, an open mind and enjoy team work and collaborating with many stakeholders with different cultural backgrounds.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Sept. 2021