This role is OPCo-based not Dubai/South Africa.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities/outputs of the position (KPA’s)
The position will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Roaming Service Excellence
- Ensure seamless operation of the implemented RVAS for the Roaming Hu
- Liaise with Supplier managed services to deliver and expand the RVAS
- SPOC for All RVAS in the Roaming Hub and Roaming Operation
- Ensure the proper functioning of all RVAS implemented at MTN Opcos
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of all RVAS, to include coordination with vendor managed services and Client Operators on all aspects related to RVAS.
- Client Operator Marketing and Technical teams
- GlobalConnect Market Managers
- GlobalConnect technology & operations teams
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Telecommunications
- English: verbal and written proficiency
- 3 or more years’ experience in an MNO roaming operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Broad-based knowledge of the mobile telecoms industry within GSMA roaming.
- Experience managing, implementing, and supporting multiple service launches
- Experience with SS7, GPRS, IPX tracing.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting of International Roaming.
- Knowledge of RVAS solutions and implementations.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Intermediate skills with MS Office; i.e. Word, Excel, PPT, and SharePoint
- Technical and commercial knowledge of international Roaming environment
- Able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment
- Working knowledge of business practices
- Knowledge of risk management (a risk taker who carefully considers risk/reward) and business development
- Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements of business and staff members
- Excellent Interpersonal skills