Specialist, Commercial Legal at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana - MTN Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Provide support in minimizing and mitigating legal risk, provide legal services to the various divisions and the Company towards ensuring corporate governance.
• Support in the conduct of research and legal opinions, gather and evaluate relevant facts, research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives, decisions and highlight attendant risks.
• Draft, review and authenticate contracts and incorporate related company policies into contracts
• Provide relevant advice on company contracts relating to supplier agreements, employment contracts
• Create and maintain a centralized legal database
• Create and regularly update templates and checklists
• Follow up on reports with external solicitors on all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters.
• Communicate with third parties via Letters, E-mail etc.
• Provide relevant advice and support efforts towards influencing Governmental & Regulatory Policies affecting the Company’s businesses.
• Ensure implementation and adherence to internal policies
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly legal and regulated environment
• Performance Driven Environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Unionized environment
• Active Media Engagement & Brand
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
• Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Considers customer needs and trends in the development of strategic plans
• Implements strategic objectives
• Understands the strategic direction of the organization and highlight areas of potential value or risk
• May produce useful ideas or explanations for circumstances but lack in identifying or including cause and effect
• Undertakes a complex task by breaking it down into manageable parts in a systemic, detailed way
• Analyze the data to detect trends and issues in the data and information in a logical and factual manner.
• Makes logical deductions from data sets
• Identifies a solution for resolving the underlying problem
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Identifies the core issue in problem solving, considers possible solutions and seeks direction and advice as appropriate
• Seeks to problem solve effectively by correctly analyzing the issues, seeking expert advice as required and consulting and collaborating with others as appropriate
• Demonstrates an ability to take a comprehensive approach to insights development, through demonstrating integrated thinking
• Works with cross functional teams across the business to ensure that the organization is gathering good quality behavioral information and technical data;
• Leads the Divisional insights strategy for the Division and makes a significant contribution to Divisional reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have been called to the bar
• At least 3 years Legal practice and experience in a similar role
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legal Advice
• Legal Contract Drafting
• Litigation Management
• Research Orientation
• Telecommunications Business Savvy
• Research and Writing Skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict and accountability management.
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th March. 2022