Social Development Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as:
SOCIO DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Social Development Officer is to assist the Social Development and Gender Superintendent to implement sustainable social development programmes in line with existing Socio-economic Development Plans of the Obuasi Mine, underpinned by the Sustainable Development Goals; Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria and National and Local Development Plans to contribute to building resilient and self-sustaining communities and consequently sustainably securing a social license for the mine.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Ensure compliance with Safety KPIs including, reporting all incidents and acting on all corrective actions assigned for timely completion.
- Enforce environmental work procedures issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Investigate environmental incidents in assigned work areas.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Implement needs-driven and impactful Education improvements programmes at the basic, secondary, and tertiary levels in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Implement needs-driven and impactful Youth Empowerment programmes in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Implement needs-driven and impactful Community Health and Safety programmes in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders
- Implement needs-driven and impactful Community Water and Sanitation programmes
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of needs-driven and impactful Social Infrastructure projects in host communities.
- Assist in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of needs-driven and impactful Arts, Culture and Heritage interventions
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Relevant tertiary level qualification in the field of social development
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar line of work
- Practical experience in the implementation of social development programmes/projects in a mining setting
- Experience in participatory methodologies and their application
- Knowledge of SDGs and EESG and their application in programme development
- Knowledge of internationally applicable standards relevant to sustainable development (IFC standards on Social Sustainability, VPSHR, GEITI etc.)
- A good knowledge of shared value-driven community investment
- Strong negotiations skills
- Knowledge of the development planning process of the MMDAs
- Ability to work in a team player
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th Feb, 2023