Site Services Superintendent – Ahafo South at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide a wide range of support in the management of contracted services, such as:
- Accommodation Management.
- Domestic Travel (Nationals and Expats).
- Facility Management.
- Transportation Services.
In This Role You Will
- Identify, manage and audit properties for residential camps, user guesthouses in the catchment area and hotels in Kumasi, Sunyani in Ahafo and New Abriem in Akyem.
- Manage reservations for all employees passing through the Ahafo/ Akyem Mine property.
- Conduct invoicing reviews and payments for services.
- Manage utility services, including payments for electricity, water, cable television and waste management.
- Oversee all Ahafo properties (residential, offices, car park and warehouse), leases, maintenance and permitting of facilities, including:
- spatial planning, utilisation and management.
- inventory management
Health and Safety Management
- Communicate all Health and Safety procedures and protocols to site services.
- Inspect site service equipment and locations to ensure compliance to Newmont Health and Safety standards.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Abide by and support others in adhering to safe and efficient site service practices to prevent damage to equipment, structures and injury.
- Oversee contractors, including third party bussing and staff transport to ensure compliance with Newmont Light Vehicle and control standards.
Regional Management Budget and Cost Control
- Lead the compilation and analysis of actual, budgeted and forecasted cost performance and financial results.
- Conduct monthly budget and performance reviews.
- Manage and control all site services cost centres and authorize cost limits for the department, within own financial authority.
- Compile reports on monthly costs allocations to the user departments.
Site Service Contract Management
- Establish and contract on specified Service Level Agreements with all contract site services/business partners.
- Coordinate and expedite the renewal of existing contracts to enable continuous on-site service provision.
- Manage all catering and janitorial contracts and oversee their compliance to Service Level Agreements, contract scope and company standards.
- Manage contracts with regional aviation service and travel service providers / vendors.
- Acquire, manage and administer all leased properties in Ahafo including offices, warehouses, residences and associated properties.
- Negotiate lease renewals and extensions, in collaboration with the Supply Chain and Legal departments, and prepare tenancy agreements, in line with the agreed objectives.
- Manage third party drivers who provide services for Senior Managers and Executives at Ahafo/ Akyem and ensure compliance with Light Vehicle Operating and Control Standards, safety, environment and other NGGL relevant standards.
Site Service Operations and Administration
- Lead, control, motivate, supervise and maintain Site Services and associated resources to achieve established departmental goals.
- Manage daily activities relating to contracted services and contracts administration.
- Manage domestic travel and its supporting logistics, and confirm compliance with regional procedures and policy:
- manage protocol services.
- manage Ghana Travel Booking System (GTBS).
- Manage the coordination of all accommodation requests, outlining visitor / contractor information (i.e. dates of arrival and departure, Camp Section required) and forward to the site accommodation office.
- Arrange all air, bus and private vehicle travel bookings through pre-approved vendors / business partners and / or own staff compliment.
- Manage internal fleet, fuel allocation, and permitting / licensing and ad hoc requirements.
- Manage all courier services.
- Manage all office supplies to ensure efficient usage.
- Investigate all Site Service incidents and assist in establishing corrective measures.
Site Service Optimisation
- Conceptualise methods and processes to reduce unnecessary wastages, inefficiencies or costs.
- Plan, initiate and execute special projects relating to cost saving and optimisation initiatives for site services.
- Optimise on-site transportation services to make sure that all staff have easy access to and from the mine, at the most efficient cost.
- Oversee volumes controls for those consumed at the various mess facilities.
- Initiate investigations into site services where controls and costs are poorly managed.
- Make technical recommendations relating to the effectiveness and management of site services operational activities.
Site Service Stakeholder Management
- Liaise with the onsite accommodation providers to attend promptly to any accommodation and / or catering issues that may arise.
- Liaise with janitorial service providers to attend promptly to any janitorial and waste management issues that may arise.
- Provide direct supervision to subordinates and attend to any query escalations.
- Supervise site services activities conducted through allocated staff by:
- prioritising and allocating tasks / responsibilities.
- checking and controlling the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching and guidance.
- performing the first level of performance appraisal.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering / Facility Management / Project Management / Business Management or related field.
- Knowledge of contract management and third-party business relationships.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ relevant work experience working within a facility and/or Project and /or Business Management environment, of which 4 – 5 years should be in a Supervisory capacity.
- Advanced asset / contract and service management skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced contract management skills.
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong influencing / negotiation skills.
- Strong risk / incident management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Goal orientated.
- Influential and takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Safety Conscious.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent works in a general office and field working environment.
- Work requires some level of concentration and attention to detail.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd May. 2022