Site Freight Coordinator at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Freight and Logistics are critical for all mining operations, this role is expected to ensure the cost effectiveness and efficient flow of materials required for uninterrupted operations and projects. It requires very good understanding of international shipping, custom procedures and exposure to a high pressured operational environment. The role will also essentially support the development, implementation, continuous improvement and execution of Newmont’s freight, logistics and transportation policies and guidelines.
- The role requires a strong ability to assert Newmont priorities to Suppliers and Freight Forwarders.
- Develop strong and reliable relationships with other sections of supply chain and end users.
- Prioritize competing demand and deliver cost effective solutions to the operation.
- The role requires high commercial acumen.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Be the trusted advisor for freight, logistics and transportation issues for the site.
- Be responsible for ensuring Newmont import exemptions are applied appropriately and perform periodic audits.
- Be responsible for all expediting requests for the site with special focus on critical spares and shut downs.
- Liaise with Inventory Controllers, Buyers and End users to ensure material delivery.
- Collaborate with freight forwarder both offshore and onshore to ensure service levels are met.
- Responsible for the validation of all Freight invoices in line with contracted rates.
- Responsible for the periodic reconciliation of the Freight Account with Finance to ensure freight costs are appropriately allocated.
- Ensure prompt communication to all relevant stakeholders and timely reporting of all expediting activities.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers, Freight Forwarders on delivery performance.
- Continuously seek new ways to address cost and improve efficiency.
- Support in the execution of local content strategy for the site in alignment with the regional and global strategies.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Shipping & Clearing, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP).
- Knowledge of local laws, regulations and requirements.
- A working knowledge of logistics software.
- Finance and Accounting knowledge will be useful.
- 3 to 5 years of directly related freight, logistics and transportation planning or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1 to 3 years of management experience of leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Supply chain process- Expediting, Freight and Logistics.
- Customs and Regulations (ESR FF, Hazmat).
- Shipping and Freight forwarding.
- Deadline driven.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to Detail.
- The position is located in Ahafo North.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for precise or detailed work is extreme.
- The incumbent is exposed to consistent collaboration with various stakeholders and material end users.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th March. 2022