Shift Supervisor – Mechanical at GBfoods
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,4 billion euros and a team of around 3,600 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to oversee and manage mechanical works to ensure efficient, safe, and timely execution.
Results / Accountabilities
- 1. Supervise and manage mechanical projects from start to finish, ensuring they adhere to project plans, timelines, and specifications.
2. Lead, assign tasks, set goals, and provide guidance to ensure optimal team performance.
3. Allocate resources such as manpower, equipment, and materials to meet project requirements and timelines.
4. Perform inspections and quality checks to guarantee integrity of work.
5. Maintain effective communication with managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to provide project updates, resolve issues, and address concerns.
6. Identify and address any technical or logistical issues that arise during mantenance activities.
7. Maintain accurate records, reports, and documentation related to project progress, challenges, and solutions.
8. Provide training and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills and knowledge, fostering professional growth within the team.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum HND in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role preferably in a food manufacturing industry
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, equipment, and processes. Familiarity with industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of the food technology and manufacturing process
- A solid track record of effectively, leading, managing and/or supervising a team.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse team.
- Effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders, including team members, clients, and project managers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to address technical challenges and implement effective solutions.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and practices, with a commitment to ensuring a safe work environment.
- Good organizational and time-management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail to oversee project quality and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for project management, documentation, and communication.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th September, 2023