Shift Supervisor -Canning at GBfoods
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,4 billion euros and a team of around 3,600 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this position is to provide effective leadership and supervision regarding all activities, resources and processes to ensure seamless production optimization all the time.
Results / Accountabilities
- Ensure that all standard Processing Instructions established are practiced on the ground by the team.
- Supervise the implementation of policies and internal regulations, with a view to ensuring that the tinshop area is managed in accordance with the said rules.
- Ensures proper maintenance and repairs of Canline equipment through efficient organisation of material and staff as well as proper maintenance planning
- Interpret information on quality, cost, efficiency, waste measurement and assist in setting of production targets & follow up on production schedules.
- Direct resources available such as men, material, and equipment to target for output, quality, cost, waste, safety, housekeeping, stocktaking, absences, and lateness
- Coordinates movement of employees within the department to ensure correct distribution of numbers and skill to meet the production plan on a day-to-day basis
- Monitors and follows up on the implementation of systematic preventive maintenance schedules of each equipment at the Canline department.
- Ensures the correct working and output of equipment and installations to maintain and reduce the percentage of technical breakdowns.
- Make requests for spare parts and technical materials for equipment and monitor minimum supplies to avoid high costs due to stagnant stock
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Safety Order, Environment and Hygiene of all areas in the Canline and of the factory, maintaining these aspects in optimal conditions.
- Ensure that all installations are maintained in good condition of safety and are correctly utilized to meet the rules and that personnel use their personal protective gear correctly.
- Makes requests for spare parts and technical materials.
- Review & arrange production line controls, ensure the application of the QMS, draw traceability maps of Canline finished products, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Supports product development and improvement by reviewing new product plans; discussing equipment needs and modifications coordinating activities of technicians and workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment
- Provide training for technical and operative personnel.
- performs any other duties that may be assigned.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum HND in mechanical, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive work experience in roles in culinary, food/beverage processing
- Experience in Canned food production is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the food technology and manufacturing process
- A solid track record of effectively, leading, managing and/or supervising.
- Excellent leadership ability and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on many tasks at the same time while keeping excellent organizational skills.
- Very strong computer skills.
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment (co-workers, suppliers, etc.).
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th September, 2023