Shaft and Winder Specialist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Shaft and Winder Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Shafts & Winder Specialist, reporting to the Construction Manager, is accountable to maintain all winders and shafts on site during project duration, that is on surface and underground (sub-vertical), through the provision of training and guidance in accordance with an application of national and international, as well as AGAG, safety and operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures. The role incumbent shall ensure all maintenance personnel are trained fully and licensed in a compliant, safe and sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
The role is also accountable for planning and executing all related refurbishment and maintenance with regard to the winders & shafts to deliver safe, productive, and efficient operation of all shafts on site.
- Review safety standards and work practices for the operating maintenance training and work processes to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour that is consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Review, approval and sign off of the winding and shafts refurbishment and operations maintenance training items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver winder operating and maintenance training and qualification levels consistent with the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages.
- Comply with reporting processes for managing training and qualification commensurate with winding equipment installation and refurbishment to deliver winding operations that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the training and qualifications process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely maintenance schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability.
Monitor the compliant completion of the winding aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localization plan.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Use the systems for the winding section to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Verify and report the standard of training of the winder maintenance teams during the Phase 3 Operations.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the underground and surface maintenance team on the winding equipment is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Work with the team of Specialists to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Higher Diploma in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering or equivalent
- An experienced Winder Operations Manager/Specialist with 10+ years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience with Winder and Shaft maintenance, covering all aspects
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Construction Management
- Must possess Engineering Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana
- Strong Winder Operations competencies in underground mining
- Sound project management and Construction skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- A hands-on approach and be willing to work long hours to obtain the required results.
- Winder hoisting ropes
- Shaft operation and Support
- Shaft dewatering and pumping systems
- Shaft repair work
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different cultures of people
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :10th March. 2022