Service Delivery Controller (Project Management) at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A leading provider of Managed IT Infrastructure solutions for medium and large scale private and public institutions is seeking to engage a project management professional for the position of a Service delivery Controller
POSITION: SERVICE DELIVERY CONTROLLER (PROJECT MANAGEMENT)
DUTY STATION: GREATER ACCRA
JOB INDUSTRY: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
JOB TERM: PERMANENT
Overall Job Purpose:
The job holder’s principal purpose is to assume responsibility of the company’s Project Management /Service Delivery function to ensure efficient management of Projects and service calls. This requires the efficient management, administration and reporting via the company’s IT service Management (ITSM) software for service management delivery. The service delivery Controller will work with other stakeholder department and be involved in Business development for the management of service portfolio.
Given that this role is central to how the company delivers on its promise to both existing and potential clients, and consequently its strategy, the Service Delivery Controller should have sound experience in strategic planning and execution having either individually or working through others helped an IT service delivery company achieve its most important goal. The job holder should have acquired through his/her previous working experience(s) the ability to develop and run specific processes, metrics, and KPIs in executing projects or strategy.
As the Service Delivery Controller (SDC) you will ensure that multiple contracts that the business wins are completed on time, within budget and at the right quality levels.
The Candidate must have gained over 5 years working experience in an IT service delivery environment or related field and be able to effectively manage multiple projects teams at the same time.
Strategy Plan Execution and Project Management
- Recruit, maintain and continuously update a database of technically competent and reliable subcontractors and other third-party resource persons – engineers. You should always have engineers available for prompt and timely response, and execution of all as well as multiple clients’ projects that will be running concurrently.
- Design and operate a comprehensive schedule for fulfilling all managed services contracts for planned maintenance that ensures all dependencies, requirement for engineers (IT, electrical, plumbing, and a hosts of others), timeliness and other constraint is achieved.
- Proactively deliver multiple and conflicting managed service planned maintenances that compete for the same limited resources amid significant global supply chain disruptions – delays in shipping, shortages of key supplies, ever escalating costs.
- Thoroughly implement and utilize the company’s ITSM platforms including Manage Engine or similar software to assign jobs to engineers, raise tickets, monitor all open tickets, and ensure tickets are closed not later than project plan timeline and ensure that Job Completion Worksheets are signed off by the clients timeously to enable Finance to raise invoices.
- Ensure that pre-tender site surveys are meticulously and timely – including drawings, accurate measurement – done even on extremely short notice to be able to prepare a precise bill of materials and consequently tender for the contract at the correct price. You should have a service delivery execution plan for site surveys that must always guarantee timely availability of funds, engineers, and all the logistics required to conduct a site survey in all situations.
- Develop and implement a project execution plan for every job that ensures that all projects are completed on time and on budget all the time by securing the use of engineers with the requisite skillset, funds, and all the necessary dependencies even in periods where permanent staff have gone on annual leave.
- Establish strong working relationships with both potential and existing customers to ensure that business receives prompt client feedback, resolve all issues that causes in delays in customer payments and communicate same to clients. You will act as the focal person for escalation of all issues raised by both clients and other departments in the company.
- Translate the company’s strategy that relates with service delivery into actionable deliverables and develop metrics, KPIs to be used in measuring the success.
- Attend the company’s strategy execution session providing weekly update on prior week’s actual activities against planned activities and provide action proposal on how any adverse variance would be rectified during that week.
- Lead service delivery and technical department’s weekly strategy execution session and ensure that all adverse variance reported earlier during the company’s weekly strategy execution session is rectified ahead of the next week’s meeting and service delivery staff’s individual performance is rated.
- Undertake business development activities by assertively looking for opportunities to pitch the company’s solutions to clients at any time during the life of a project from tender to handover.
Service Level Agreements and Contract
- Draft and review service level agreements and contracts including disclaimer for preventive and routine maintenance, and adhoc repairs respectively with clients by ensuring that the SLA’s and contracts do not contain onerous clauses.
- Translate service level agreements and contracts into register of deliverables, dependencies, timeliness, KPIs, contact details and a host other relevant information to enable timely and efficient delivery of superior service to the client.
Qualities and Skills Required Essential
- Minimum First Degree from a reputable University
- Minimum of 5 years in service delivery (experience in the IT Industry will be an added advantage)
- Qualified and experienced Project Management professional (PMP, Prince II)
- ITIL Qualified and Experienced Service Management professional
- It is crucial that you assess your qualifications acquired through education and specific experiences to come to the conclusion that you possess the ability to undertake the afore-mentioned responsibilities
- Sound ability to practically execute strategy using the project management principles
- A passion for continuous Service Improvement
- Experience with IT infrastructure
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience in managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified persons should send their CVs and cover letter to: [email protected] indicating the interested position as the subject of the email.
NB: Candidates must be prepared to write an aptitude test