Senior Surveyor at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as per the details below:
JOB POSTING : SENIOR SURVEYOR
DEPARTMENT : MINE PLANNING AND TECHNICAL
STRATUM OF ROLE : II H
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : PERMANENT
CLOSING DATE : 31ST JULY 2023
• The Senior Surveyor will provide accurate and accessible data capture, validation, analysis and reporting on volumes of all mining works and stockpiles.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Contribute to the development of Survey procedures and tools for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, in particular the modernization of the primary control network and the introduction of the secondary control network.
• Develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Survey priorities, milestones and events.
• Contribute to the development of the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Survey Outputs.
• Manage the delivery of work by the Survey function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development
• Provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop direct reports to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget according to their role and level of authority.
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Survey function.
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the annual plan.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering
• Five (5) years’ proven experience in mine surveying in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least two years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department.
• Experience in Survey functional Management.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain.
• Familiarity with Survey Software.
• Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
• MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application).
• Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
• Knows when to engage Specialists support.
• Understanding of good survey practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
• Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically.
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
• Creating Organisational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organisational objectives.
• Maximising Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analysing Issues, Driving for Results.
• Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, and Establishing Stretch Goals.
Method of ApplicationTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 31 July, 2023