Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Do you enjoying analyzing data to bring new insights to the implementation, continuous improvement and execution of procurement strategies, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain?
- Are you able to implement all sourcing and procurement requirements?
We are looking for a dynamic individual to enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and value-added activities, and actively support full potential and asset management efforts in the Africa Region.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide regional support to category management process regarding:
- portfolio tool planning.
- portfolio tool delivery tracking.
- coordinate the supply chain steering committee.
- coordinate global category delivery plans.
- lead the regional office sourcing and procurement activities.
Sourcing and Procurement Execution
- Facilitate the supply chain deliverables on supplier risk management and lifecycle procurement and contract management process.
- Lead on procurement of key categories.
- Track and validate procurement services for full potential.
- Provide procurement expertise support for the regional office.
- Identify, communicate and capture new enterprise spend areas and develop new suppliers to add value and drive cost savings.
- Research and provide market intelligence to aid procurement strategies.
- Seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region.
- Collaborate with effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services to deliver best outcome of value to their budget.
- Proactively interact with suppliers and external bodies to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations.
- Supervise allocated team member(s):
- prioritize and allocate tasks / responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
- develop capability of team members.
Quarterly and Annual Business Planning Support
- Deliver supply chain requirements into the business planning cycle to verify effective business planning and forecasting process:
- annual budget planning
- quarterly reviews.
- ad-hoc reviews.
Strategic Analytical Support
- Provide strategic analytical support to drive alignment between supply chain, business planning and full potential:
- specifically focused on sourcing and procurement of materials (goods) categories and outline agreements critical for the business aligned business plan to procurement strategy.
- deliver periodic market research in support of regional and site-specific procurement deliverables.
- act as key interface with Business planning and full potential in tracking, updating and aligning on business objectives.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of system implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and local customs and regulations.
- Supply chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of procure – to – pay transactional processes.
- ERP / EAP System knowledge.
- Life cycle procurement and contract management practitioner.
- Supplier risk management process practitioner.
- Between five(5) to seven(7) years of directly related continuous improvement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Between two (2) to three (3) years of supervision experience leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining business experience is preferred.
- Risk and supply chain management.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Visio.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound data management and market forecasting skills.
- Sound financial management and business process improvement skills.
- Service level management-inventory management.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound leadership and decision making skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Supplier relations and relationship management.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Consultation and facilitation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Position is located at Accra.
- Position requires regular travel.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May. 2022