Senior Specialist: Environment – Rehab and Closure Planning at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organizational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Ghana/Tanzania Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Regional Environment team as:
SENIOR SPECIALIST: ENVIRONMENT – REHAB AND CLOSURE PLANNING
To ensure that sustainability issues are addressed in Studies and Projects planning and execution by providing direct output support to the BU project managers in charge of exploration & growth projects, SIB projects and business development studies through all planning and execution phases. To establish and maintain monitoring and evaluation processes that will help improve the quality and impact of environmental management systems and programmes in the Ghana & Tanzania Business Unit.
- Establish and maintain systems and processes for updating mine closure plans in the group in line with AGA mine closure planning standard and be the internal consultant for updating mine closure plans on an annual basis
- Assurance: Undertake compliance reviews/audits of mine closure plans against the AGA mine closure planning standard as well as applicable national laws
- Providing technical advice to the operations and executives relating to mine closure risk management
- Establish and maintain systems and processes for the updating and sign-off of closure liability estimates at all levels within the organization
- Assurance: Monitor and evaluate the implementation of corporate governance instruments related to closure liability estimates, including SOX controls, financial reporting requirements, any legislative requirements, etc.
- Provide technical advice to the operations and executives on innovative opportunities to reduce/optimize liability estimates
- Develop, implement, and maintain a process for integrating closure planning and liability estimates into the annual business planning process
- Review proposals for major projects as well as mergers and acquisitions to ensure mine closure and related liability estimates are appropriately incorporated into project designs and costs.
- Monitor and evaluate development and implementation of social and labor plans over the life of each mining operation
- Monitor and evaluate concurrent environmental rehabilitation efforts over the life of each mining operation
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- A relevant post-graduate Degree Qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in mine closure planning, environmental management, sustainability, mine planning etc
- Risk assessment and management
- Basic understanding of financial reporting
- Problem identification and mitigation planning
- Computer literacy
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 July. 2022