Senior Specialist: Environment – Rehab and Closure Planning 1 at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organizational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Ghana/Tanzania Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Regional Environment Team as:
SENIOR SPECIALIST: ENVIRONMENT – PROJECTS
To ensure that sustainability issues are addressed in Studies and Projects planning and execution by providing direct output support to the BU project managers in charge of exploration & growth projects, SIB projects and business development studies through all planning and execution phases. To establish and maintain monitoring and evaluation processes that will help improve the quality and impact of environmental management systems and programmes in the Ghana & Tanzania Business Unit.
- Monitoring and evaluating Studies and Projects sustainability reporting for decision-making and internal/external information sharing.
- Ensuring that all Studies and Projects sustainability reporting are aligned with standards, guidelines, and schedules.
- Monitoring & evaluating progress and outcomes of sustainability components of Studies and Projects
- Providing technical specialist input into Studies and Projects reviews (Ghana & Tanzania Business Unit, & Corporate)
- Providing direct output support to the Vice President (VP) for Environment in the following:
- Annual monitoring and evaluating of site environmental programmes
- Review of site monthly and quarterly environmental reports and providing feedback as necessary to the sites and to VP Environment
- Collating and analyzing environmental incident reports and statistics and ensuring that corrective and preventative actions are closed out.
- Ensuring that all sites upload GRI data on a regular basis as required by company policy
- Providing direct output support to the VP: Studies and Projects BU to identify, prioritize and mitigate sustainability risks and liabilities for Studies and Projects
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- A relevant post-graduate Degree Qualification
- At least 7 years’ experience in environmental management and sustainability in the mining industry
- Environmental risk assessment and management
- Environmental/Sustainability project management (SEA, ESIA, Due diligence etc)
- Problem identification and mitigation planning
- Computer literacy
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July. 2022