Senior Specialist, Commercial Legal at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Provide legal advice to guide the organization in commercial legal activities/transactions requiring MTN input – drafting, structuring, etc aimed at ensuring corporate governance and compliance as well as minimise and mitigate legal risk to the business.
• Negotiate, draft and implement legal agreements.
• Incorporate related company policies into contracts and provide legal advice on company matters.
• Monitor, manage and provide input into litigation strategy and approach of external solicitors in all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters
• Manage disputes that arise and have the ability to judge on need to escalate disputes.
• Monitor the legal and regulatory landscape and reports on laws, regulations, guidelines that can affect the business of the company and provide guidance in legislative aspects.
• Manage legal risks associated with transactions in accordance with company policy.
• Provide legal opinions on various legal issues and legal advice on transactions.
• Research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives and decisions and highlight attendant risks.
• Advise, negotiate and manage commercial legal transactions within MTN and outside MTN.
• Review practices, procedures, policies and business to ensure that these are in accordance with the laws of Ghana.
• Provide legal support to divisional/ company projects.
• Support the implementation of internal company policies.
• Support efforts towards influencing governmental & regulatory policies affecting the company’s businesses.
• Facilitate timely responses to stakeholders.
• Dynamic and highly competitive technology & ICT industry
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, Social and Governance prioritized.
• Regionalization structure implication
• Performance driven environment
• Development of a sophisticated client base (especially high value)
• Unionized environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Active media engagement & brand reputation
• Extended workforce management
• Agile ways of working
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Analyze the organization’s wider environment and draw conclusions about the impact of events and activities; guide the team to create solutions that deliver value in line with the business plans.
• Develops and implements organization wide policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate population, and developing a budget.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Law with qualifying certificate in law (i.e. Bar exams)
• Post-Graduate Qualification/ Certification in Commercial Law, Communications Law or International Commercial Law is desired but not mandatory.
• 5+ years post qualification Commercial/Corporate Law experience in a large local law firm or the legal department of a large company. Experience must include supervisory exposure and direct participation in:
• Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions.
• Telco/Finance Experience an advantage.
• In depth knowledge of commercial laws, telecoms laws, labour laws, land laws etc
• Project Management skills for some projects
• Conflict Management
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legal Advice
• Litigation Management
• Research Orientation
• Effective Communication skills – verbal and written
• Strong reasoning and debating skills
• Research and Writing Skills
• Computer Literacy
• Strong Negotiation
• Good interpretation skills
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, take self-accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities, Value Creator
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number ADTRACK – COMMLEGAL001 as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 20 May, 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted