Senior Software Engineer at OrangeTech
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: OrangeTech
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced Fintech start-up that is determined to make a great impact in Ghana and other West African countries. We are looking for a talented software engineer who will focus on the design of solutions which enable existing and new application components, existing and new applications, packaged software offerings and systems to work together within an enterprise or among enterprises. You will participate in a wide range of design/development activities and project management, from requirements analysis through to systems, application and/or process design specification. This position requires solid technical background in Java as well as knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures, as you will be involved with the design, development, implementation, and support of software solutions.
An ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and can work individually and as part of a team to accomplish time-sensitive business and technology objectives. You will work closely with our engineering team to provide and actively maintain a best-in-class customer experience on our platform. You will work alongside a great team where we foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration. If you are agile and thrive in unstructured environments, and enjoy identifying big problems in addition to solving them, then we’d like to hear from you.
What we need you to do
- Design, Develop, and maintain scalable, fast, robust, and intuitive applications to solve business problems
- Own the adoption of Agile software delivery techniques and technologies including Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Provide mentorship and collaborate with other engineers to ensure task prioritisation and efficient delivery of software artefacts or products.
Outcomes (first 12-18 months):
What specific outcomes are we looking for you to achieve in the first 12–18 months
- Give hands-on and hands-off support to individuals – wherever you are needed the most
- Translate high-level business requirements into technical specifications, design architectures, and ultimately clean, secure, scalable, and high-performance code
- Demonstrable appetite for building quality software and ability to help drive that with your team across all stages of the SDLC
- Mentor and guide other engineers to embrace end-to-end ownership, and work on tough technical challenges
- Work closely with Product Management to plan and negotiate iterative development cycles in an Agile environment
- Manage team members by ensuring that the tasks are completed on time.
What specific skills/experiences/accomplishments should you have?
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise Java experience
- Experience in project management, architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, high-performance, and distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of Microservice Architecture, Design Patterns & Principles
- Expert in REST API design, system integration, and containerisation
- Experience in architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, high performance, and distributed systems
- Deep understanding of OOP and Java design patterns
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Great design-thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, time-management and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
OrangeTech Limited is a newly registered subsidiary of Fidelity Bank Ghana. Currently, a Tier 1 bank, Fidelity Bank Ghana is committed to becoming a top 3 bank in Ghana with international standards.
OrangeTech believes that financial services should work for all. The problem is that the current traditional financial system isn’t built to meet the needs of millions of Ghanaians and hundreds of millions of Africans. That’s why we are working to enable and expand financial access to the underserved by creating technologies that help our target market displace cash & create a digital data trail that allows financial institutions to accurately assess and serve them.