Senior Short Term Engineer II at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.About This Role
- The Senior Engineer is responsible for the development of Engineering Staff and Technical functions. The Senior Engineer will follow Newmont General Guidelines as well as local regulatory to develop the standard of Tactical Scheduling, Drill and Blast, Ore control and other mine operating tasks for the Akyem Project.
- The Senior Engineer is a specialist in advanced tactical mine scheduling techniques, providing mining engineering and mine planning services to meet the business needs and to fill the project pipeline. This includes the evaluation and modification of Akyem mine plans, the development of the – MineSight MSSO – application to produce multiple and timely forecasts with simultaneous equipment forecasts, and the evaluation and implementation of the blast optimization tools.
- The Senior Engineer brings a wide range of expertise, a breadth of experience, and demonstrated judgement to mining engineering at Newmont operations and projects.
In This Role You Will
- Develop the standard procedures for the Akyem Short Term Mine Engineering, Ore Control and Mine Operating Function. Incorporate Newmont Corporate initiatives for Technology in Mine Operations as per Digital Assessment.
- Ensure that budgets and forecasts are accurate assessments of what is realistic and achievable. Ensure mine planning and economic evaluation of surface mining at Newmont Mining Corporation maximizes the value of the business.
- Assist with resource and reserve estimates for reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission. The task requires a high level of Mine Engineering experience and ability.
- Continue to develop and improve proficient use of advanced mine scheduling software to produce scheduling and equipment productivity assessments, material movements, and equipment requirements to be completed from short to long range re-forecasts, and budget development.
- Analyze information from operations and perform investigations in order to report on and recommend changes to design or operational practice, in pursuit of improvements to business assessing the applicability of such changes. This involves:
- The integration of Jigsaw and MineSight to improve the equipment information from Jigsaw used in mine planning functions within MineSight/MSSO.
- Drawing from a varied and practical background that truly understands the discipline from first principles and practical applications to ensure that decisions made, with little to no data and without the ability to test using small step improvement processes, are correct.
- Developing the engineering capabilities of the engineering staff and the technical systems to meet the needs for short term planning. Ensure that the engineers are producing documented Tactical Production schedules for mining operations, including material movements, equipment requirements and ore reserves reconciliation.
- Performing work which includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.The focus is on developing the skills of the engineering staff to do the work.
- Applying seasoned mining engineering skills to situations of design or operational complexity. This includes the selection, implementation and modification of software; recommendation of, and input to, decisions regarding new technology; and contribution to relevant research and development.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Loss Prevention (HSLP), Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under the Newmont Ghana Integrated Management System, Newmont Values and Vision.
Your Training, Skills & Experience ChecklistFormal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary Qualification in Mine Engineering, advanced degree in Mine Engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of exploration methods and resource estimation.
- Seasoned knowledge of; mine methods, mine design, production scheduling, equipment selection, reserve estimation, maintenance development and expert systems.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in surface mining, dispatch experience is a plus.
- Experience in mine operations.
- Extensive mine planning experience in a range of mining applications.
- Experience in differing ore deposits for gold and multi-element base metals.
- Site mine planning experience in multi-mine, multi-process situations.
- High level of experience in project evaluation.
Skills And Abilities
- High level of competence in the use of mine planning software, including optimal techniques and cash flow analysis.
- Well networked into industry specialists and consultants.
- Familiarity with business systems and standard office application software.
- Ability to build and maintain strong communications network with peers, Project Managers, Mine Managers, Chief Engineers, and JV partner representatives.
- Strong problem solving and 3D visualization skills.
- Strong technical writing, group presentation, and interpersonal skills including cultural sensitivity.
- The position is located in the Akyem mine site.
- Performance of the work requires travel (0-10% of work time) to domestic and international operations.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023