Senior Researcher – Hydrology and Water Resources Management at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as the Senior Researcher – Hydrology and Water Resources Management.
• The successful candidate will be familiar with the water resources management, agricultural water management, landscape-based approach hydrological processes and analysis, and thinking around the water-energy-food and eco-systems nexus. Working with the project leadership as well as with other CGIAR colleagues and national and international partners, the Researcher will be part of a multi-national and multidisciplinary team that is contributing towards water resources management across river basins or groundwater systems, helping to lead global nexus thinking and providing tools, guidelines, training and facilitation for analysis and research for development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyse and contribute to the development of new innovations from local to basin scale using field data, analytics, trade-off methodologies or water productivity.
• Take the lead in stakeholder engagements with relevant government departments and partners to ensure that important local, national and regional demands for research for development are identified and incorporated into the research activities specific to water resource and productivity management.
• Identify new research trends and niches and develop multi-year multi-partner proposals for innovative research.
• Lead and contribute to proposal writing and fundraising opportunities for bilateral and multilateral funding sources.
• Lead participatory processes partnerships management; co-designing and implementation of research innovations and associated project management
• Provide information on relevant projects and research results and breakthroughs for communication to donors, research users, partners, networks and policy platforms.
• Disseminate research findings via peer-reviewed publications; convene and attend workshops, conferences and webinars in a range of international, regional and national settings.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A PhD in hydrology, water resources management, environmental sciences, natural resources management, or a closely related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant post-doctoral professional experience, preferably related to research, and with project management experience in a developing country context.
• Excellent knowledge of integrated hydrological analytical tools/models/metrics.
• Understanding of trade-offs across the water-energy-food-environment nexus and how these can be managed from field to basin scale
• Good understanding and experience in application of landscape-based approach for integrated land and water management
• Experience in engaging with regional and international professional networks and building strong partnerships with different categories of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated evidence of participatory processes; ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders; and excellent project management skills.
• Evidence of scientific publishing as demonstrated by a very good publication record in peer-reviewed journals, research impact and other achievements.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain development challenges and complex interdisciplinary water, energy, environment, and agri-food systems issues in simple terms.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, and working knowledge of the French language
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and other stakeholders in a multicultural setting, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Experience working and living in sub-Saharan Africa
• This is an internationally recruited position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an attractive retirement plan, comprehensive international health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, long-term disability insurance coverage and a transportation allowance. Globally recruited staff who are employed at a duty station outside of their home base/country of nationality will also receive relocation assistance, a housing allowance, home-leave plane tickets for self and eligible dependents and education assistance for eligible dependents.
• The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possible extension.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 23 August, 2022