Senior Research and Learning Specialist, USAID West Africa PELA II at Panagora Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Panagora Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Senior Research and Learning Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Senior Research and Learning Specialist will develop and manage a portfolio of research and evidence-generation activities related to programs in countering violent extremism, peace and stability, and democracy and governance. Collaborate in the planning and implementation of activities, disseminating results and findings of monitoring, evaluation, and research and documentation activities.
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise and provide oversight in the conduct of research that supports USAID West Africa’s Regional Peace and Governance Office (RPGO)
- Oversee design, implementation, and management of selected implementation research, documentation of good practices and promising interventions, secondary data analyses of databases and key surveys, and/or other special assessments for evidence generation related to the Activity
- Provide oversight in all aspects of the implementation of the foregoing activities and management of staff and consultants engaged in research activities
- Collaborate in the planning and implementation of activities, disseminating results and findings of monitoring, evaluation, and research and documentation activities
- Support the design and implementation of key Activity research products
- Conduct extensive review of products and field visits as necessary or possible to understand and validate topics of CVE/P research and documentation
- Collaborate in the effective use and dissemination of relevant evidence generation learning and experience
- Support in development full technical and cost proposals for the aforementioned research and evaluation activities of the Activity
- Master’s degree in economics, international development, social science, demography, research methods, statistics, or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in implementation research, project assessments, evaluations, and secondary data analyses
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and/or facilitating use of innovative approaches for learning best practices and state-of-the-art in design, methodologies and tools for disseminating and utilizing results of monitoring, research and evaluation for adaptive management
- Prior experience leading research and evidence-generating activities for USAID projects focused on countering violent extremism and promoting peace and stability preferred
- Previous CLA experience, including a working knowledge of USAID’s learning agenda
- Deep knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July. 2022