Senior Project Manager at Adjaye Associates
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Adjaye Associates
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We are seeking an individual with an architectural background with five or more years’ experience to Join our Accra office.
• The ideal candidate would be already carrying out; project programming, internal resource management, administration of existing contracts, building regulation compliance, project-specific fee negotiation with specialist contractors and management of budgets.
• As a Project Manager, your job is to get the project delivered on time and to budget whilst protecting the integrity of the design and ensuring full compliance with regulations.
• This will require you to be self-motivated, to work confidently on programming, planning and resourcing; reporting back to the project leads and directors and management teams as to the progress of the project teams; and the daily management support for the design teams in a project management role. This role will be project-focused but working in parallel to the contracts management team.
• The applicant will lead the project management dept, under the control of the Principal Associate and should have 8+ years of experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establish an overall project programme with the Project Leader / Project Architect, client, and external partners. Oversee and ensure project programme deadlines are met; challenge time frames to safeguard the design periods; prepare detailed design programmes appropriate to the work stage clearly outlining objectives, interim information exchanges and design team outputs to ensure the whole design team has a clear understanding of how and what they need to contribute to meet contractual milestones. Responsible for project programme and internal project budget management. During construction, ensure the project team reviews submittals and shop drawings, coordinates the response to RFIs; coordinating with the owner’s representatives, contractors and executive architects and undertake all projects related reporting tasks on behalf of our design teams for projects that you are involved in. To do so this will also require you to have a complete understanding of the agreed project-related contractual terms so that these are met accordingly.
Internal Resource Management
• Support and monitor the delivery of the project in line with the project brief, contractual framework and resource plan. Collaborate closely with the project leaders / project architects, structure the teams and workload effectively to ensure appropriate usage of resources. Identify and mitigate areas of risk/concern and their potential impact. Actively monitor the internal teams’ adherence to defined scope and ensure the project teams stay on track staying within what is required and not taking on tasks outside of their scope. This will also require you to have a complete understanding of deliverables so that you can provide the necessary support to the design team leads and directors to ensure that project deadlines and deliverables are met.
• Participate in sharing knowledge with other project teams through cross team activities such as Design Reviews. Participate in learning activities, keep abreast of statutory regulations, technological developments and regularly attend internal studio talks and workshops. Develop professional and technical skills. Share knowledge, experience and lessons learned across the team and the wider studio.
• Contribute to the maintenance of records of projects. Prepare and analyse records quickly and clearly and to present to management including establishing and delivering project specific KPI’s, project programmes, trackers, route maps and weekly/ monthly reporting including project meeting minutes and general project related administration tasks.
Qualification Required & Experience
Experience & skills:
• A background in and understanding of the building and construction industry
• Relevant, professional degree, such as the Masters of Architecture (M.Arch)
• Knowledge of Professional Services Contract (Nec3)
• Impeccable time-management, prioritisation and organisational skills
• Able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
• A proactive approach to daily tasks
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
• Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
• Commitment to the business and growth of the Practice
• IT literate with the ability to quickly format Gantt charts
Method of ApplicationEmail with title of job to: [email protected]
Include a CV, cover letter and salary expectations detailing why you think you would be suited to the role
Closing Date: 07 January, 2022