Senior Professional Development Advisor at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Professional Development Advisor. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana or in a field office in the project’s target regions – and is contingent upon award. Project DescriptionThe anticipated 5-year Strengthening Accountability in Ghana’s Education System (SAGES) Activity seeks to increase and strengthen accountability in the education sector. The program will include support to operationalize the government’s education accountability framework by establishing an enabling environment for accountability and assuring education system actors perform their duties effectively and to meet set standards. The project will work with the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Ghana Education Service (GES) at the national level and will have a strong focus in the North.Position DescriptionThe Senior Professional Development Advisor will have overall responsibility for managing and providing quality assurance for professional development initiatives under SAGES. This will be accomplished by working with relevant MOE and GES authorities, and stakeholder groups, to plan and implement professional development initiatives to enable staff in the education sector to acquire skills and knowledge required for their jobs.The Advisor will work in partnership with project leadership work closely with national and sub-national education actors, especially the MoE and GES, on delivery and content for events designed to support professional development and capacity building efforts for MOE and GES staff. S/he will consult and work closely with government entities at national and district levels to plan, manage, and as needed facilitate, professional development at national and decentralized levels. S/he will build relationships at all levels of the education system and support the planning and management of activities designed to improve capacity-building in staff management and accountability. The work of the Advisor will require close collaboration with the Government of Government of Ghana, implementing partners, and key stakeholders.Job Summary/Responsibilities (jointly or in close collaboration with, MOE and GES)
- Lead in the design and manage MOE and GES staff needs assessments (key staff will be targeted for support at local, sub-national and national levels)
- Support design and implementation of professional development activities including coaching/mentoring programs, experiential and on-the-job training, peer-learning opportunities, and curation of online resources for professional development
- Write or adapt orientation and training modules for education management and supervision, tailored to needs of audience
- Provide support to MOE and GES to develop systems for professional development, including descriptions of staff competency requirements at different levels of the system and detailing associated training needs
- Assure professional development programming includes high quality opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in relevant cross-cutting areas such as safeguarding, inclusion of children with disabilities, gender, safe schools, social-emotional learning, etc.
- Work with the Education Capacity Development Expert and Education Systems Strengthening Expert to ensure PD efforts of local and national institutions are coordinated, especially in relation to standards for quality and sustainability of professional development efforts
- Advise on design and content, and contribute to a set of tools and resources to support the training and supervision of school staff (head teachers, teachers, and others)
- Contribute to the budget, staff supervision, program implementation, and provide additional technical assistance as required
- Provide leadership, capacity building and support to collaborating government partners and program staff
- Contribute to defining program’s strategic direction, including evaluating and improving the effectiveness of programs
- Develop and contribute to technical reports
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.Qualifications
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields required: education, education planning, education policy, elementary education, education management instructional systems design or other relevant field
- Experience and expertise with professional development program design and implementation, capacity building of managerial, supervisory and teaching staff; active learning methods
- Experience with instructional techniques at the primary grade level, either as a teacher or closely related primary grade program implementation experience
- Experience liaising with MOE and GES leadership and technical staff to ensure that project activities are aligned with MOE priorities, and that the MOE/GES has technical and process support in their leadership of activities,
- Experience providing technical assistance to support institutional and individual capacity development at national and sub-national levels preferred
- 12 years of relevant experience required, five of which must be in development programs
- Understanding of accountability within the education system, especially in relation to education staff roles, responsibilities and relationships
- Experience with or interest in behavior change initiatives to support program implementation
- Ability to manage staff and collaborate effectively with partners
- Knowledge of international best practices in professional development preferred
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working on large and complex donor-funded programs, preferably with USAID
- Experience reporting on large donor-funded programs, preferably with USAID contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work with and gain the respect and confidence of counterparts, staff, and clients
- Ability to mentor, motivate and empower the performance of team members and counterparts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English required.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th December, 2022