Senior Process Operations Trainer at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To manage Process Operations and Plant Specific Training programs and activities.
- To coach and conduct circuit training for both new and existing Process Plant Operators to drive plant utilization.
- To conduct induction training for new employees, contractors and as will be required for shutdowns in accordance with approved curriculum, relevant regulations and best practices.
In This Role You Will
Information Management and Management Reporting
- Manage the Process Operations department and other business partners.
- Prepare monthly training schedules and report to the Manager.
- Send training and assessment reports on the training results to the client.
- Upload assessments results onto SuccessFactors.
- Scan and store a copy of the attendance sheet electronically and file hard copies of the assessment tool and attendance sheet.
- Review the performance of Trainees.
- Draw up the monthly plan to assign the Trainees to the training date verifying that reminders are given until the day of the training.
- Assign daily activity to Trainers who report directly to the position.
- Coach, develop and supervise employees reporting to this position.
Training and Assessments
- Manage Process Operations Training.
- Compile the training pack (training session plan and registration of the training).
- Review training materials.
- Prepare the presentation slides, assessment tools, attendance and evaluation forms.
- Book the training room for the training checking all needed training logistics are in place.
- Facilitate the training.
- Conduct the assessments.
- Conduct practical sessions of trainings that require practicals.
- Conduct practical assessments and STP assessment for specific tasks.
- Conduct induction training.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
- Degree/Diploma in Minerals / Metallurgical Engineering.
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor Certificate.
- Mincom Competency Certificate – Process/Metallurgical Officer.
- A working knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Between 5 to 7 years relevant working experience.
- Training experience in mining industry.
- Ability to plan and deliver process training activities.
- Coaching skills.
- Strong training, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Act professional and show respect.
- Assertive and influential.
- Reliable and independent.
- Show initiative and be results driven.
- Deliver high levels of accuracy.
- Work well under pressure.
- The incumbent is exposed to loud noise for more than 50% of normal working hours.
- The incumbent is exposed to hazardous environment / circumstances for more than 50% of normal working hours (exposed to walking / working on unpaved natural ground and ballasted railway track formation).
- The incumbent is potentially exposed to hazardous / circumstances for more than 50% of normal working hours (chemicals, toxic materials, dust, smoke, biological hazard, air pollutants, etc.).
- The incumbent works in an awkward physical position for more than 50% of normal working hours.
- The incumbent is exposed to moving machinery for more than 50% of normal working hours.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th May. 2022