Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
IBTCI is seeking an experienced Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for an anticipated five year USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity The Senior MEL Advisor is PELA II’s point person on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning/Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA), and shall have the status of Deputy Chief of Party and be capable of directing and managing the Activity in the absence of the RD. Anticipated start date of the project is September 1, 2022. The purpose of this program is to provide collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support to USAID/West Africa’s peace and governance initiatives in strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa, and strengthen USAID/WA’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region.
Note: This position is for a proposal and is contingent upon award. Local, qualified Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to PELA II in the conception, design, development, and implementation of MEL/CLA related tasks;
- Support RPGO’s implementing partners in developing and implementing appropriate monitoring and evaluating tools;
- Provide guidance on the implementation of alternative MEL approaches like Complexity Awareness Monitoring;
- Identify appropriate evaluation questions to support evidence-based programming approaches;
- Identifying discrepancies in implementing partners M&E systems and recommending appropriate solutions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in research, planning, and monitoring of donor-funded projects;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating conflict/CVE related activities projects;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive M&E systems;
- Demonstrated ability in management, analysis, and processing of data to inform project planning and M&E;
- Familiarity with programming development assistance (experience in Countering Violent Extremism or peace promotion preferred);
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
- Familiarity with internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity;
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English and French; and
- Ability and willingness to work and travel in fragile environments.
Education: Master’s degree in international development or a related field
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with some domestic and international travel.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th July. 2022