Senior Metallurgist at Kinross Gold Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Kinross Gold Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Reporting to the Metallurgical Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing metallurgical support to mill operations to ensure optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant and continued growth of the functional activities to maximize operational efficiencies, safety, and cost effectiveness in alignment with the Company’s long-term strategy.
Actively participate in continuous improvement programmes to enhance the performance of the process plant operation, including but not limited to mine-to-mill initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate metallurgical performance; and conduct test/survey programmes to improve mill throughput, recovery and costs.
- Maintain and manage agreed projects to improve the Metallurgical performance of the plant within the established operational parameters to ensure maximum metal extraction at minimal cost.
- Provide technical metallurgical solutions to specific challenges at the Processing Plant and conduct research and development initiatives for Plant optimization.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for production, gold recovery and operating cost whilst monitoring operating budget and control systems for the consumables
- Provide technical resource and information for the Production and Maintenance Departments as and when required for the purpose of optimizing productivity, resolving key issues on the plant and minimizing consumable and reagent usage.
- Interact with Mine Geology, Mine Planning and Ore control personnel to define characteristics of ore reserves; evaluate new ore types and develop alternate processes for refractory gold ores
- Review and approve Metallurgical Accounting by ensuring correct metallurgical data are entered and balanced for daily, weekly, monthly production and forecast reports.
- Monitor, investigate and analyse plant technical performance for continuous improvement and maximum operational efficiency.
- Provide daily technical support to mill operations for troubleshooting and correcting metallurgical and production problems
- Assist in the preparation of production forecast, process operating budgets and monthly process reports.
- Develop and maintain Metallurgical Accounting, Reconciliation procedures and coordinate the shipment of bullion (bullion documentations and shipments are done within stipulated time).
- Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement recommendations.
- Responsible for mill metallurgical accounting practices and review of daily, monthly, and annual metallurgical reports
- Review Standard Operating Procedures for the Plant in collaboration with sectional superintendents
Education, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Metallurgy/Mineral/ Chemical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a mining environment particularly on CIL / CIP Gold Processing Plant.
- Ghana Minerals Commissions Certificate of Competency as a Process Officer
- Knowledge in Metallurgical accounting, CIL/CIP plant optimization, Metallurgical Test works procedures and metallurgical laboratory management.
- General knowledge of mining and the integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions.
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of gold processing including grinding and agitated leaching with cyanide, carbon absorption and regeneration, and refining
- Good working knowledge in the usage of Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (AAS) machine for analysis.
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong metallurgical analysis background.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office – Advanced Excel, projects and power point.
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022