Senior Metallurgist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Metallurgist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The incumbent will design, develop, and manage the accounting features of the gold processing plant and ensure raw materials for processing are accurate for safe sustainable plant throughput and gold recovery at a minimum cost. He/she will act as a continuous improvement champion and facilitate projects that delivers and promotes a culture of sustainable continuous improvements within the department.
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
• Contribute to the Processing Department target to achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
• Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
• Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate with sphere of influence.
• Contribute to the Processing Department’s objective to eliminate hydrocarbon and hyper saline water spills to zero within the Metallurgy Department.
• Ensure the organization structure is capable of delivering the metallurgical efficiency strategy
• Develop and set-up process automation, control systems and on-stream Metallurgical Monitoring for accurate and consistent data.
• Develop first fill and operational regents and consumables procurement plan and track delivery.
• Identify and maintain required inventory of critical spares and consumables
• Conduct the drafting, review, adjudicating and managing of all service contracts of the processing plant.
• Develop BIOX bacteria inoculum build up program and facilitate its implementation.
• Provide input into the process team readiness, recruitment, training and development of standard operating procedures, policies, etc.
• Where practicable, identify manual sampling protocols for plant data
• Investigate operational bottlenecks in the plant and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, product quality, and reduce costs, as part of the Full Potential program.
• Model the process flowsheet and conduct integrative online mass balancing and simulation for troubleshooting and optimisation works
• Model the Sulphide Treatment Plant metallurgical accounting system with the modelling tools for steady state or dynamic plant model development for various applications
Qualification Required & Experience
• Recognized tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Mineral or Chemical Engineering
• Certificate of competence from MINCOM as per LI 2182 would be an advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of post-tertiary practice on a recognized process plant
• Good computer skills especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point presentation skills
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate thoughts and ideas
• Must have good sense of ownership, commitment and self-motivated to achieve set targets
• Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
• Self-starter with ability to justify, initiate and drive process case through implementation to completion
• Strong and proven decision-making skills.
• Willingness to delegate
• Demonstrates behaviour consistent with AGA values.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
• People management
Method of ApplicationTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 26 July, 2022