Senior Mechanical Engineer – Projects at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Mechanical Engineer – Projects.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all mechanical engineering and construction activities and plans to ensure Obuasi Project underground infrastructure and supporting infrastructure objectives and milestones are achieved in-line with defined expectations and best for project outcomes.
This includes managing, overseeing and monitoring all underground infrastructure, Paste Plant and supporting underground infrastructure engineering and construction activities. Managing a multi-disciplined Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contractor, subcontractors and other third-party contractors, to ensure works are undertaken in line with health, safety and environmental obligations, design specifications, quality requirements, budget and schedule expectations.
- Ensure construction workforce safety targets are achieved.
- Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk of injury or harm to themselves, others and the environment.
- Continuously seek learning opportunities to improve safety performance.
- Support the Project Director and Obuasi Management team in all underground and supporting infrastructure project engineering and construction matters.
- Manage and lead multi-disciplined project construction functions, with a strong safety, cost, schedule, and quality focus as key engineering and construction representative.
- Provide early engineering and construction input into the design and constructability process, ensuring safe constructability remains a priority. This includes but not limited to HAZID’s and HAZOP’s, cost and schedule development and ongoing review.
- Advise and guide the project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes.
- Review and approve drawings, specifications and documents issued by the EPCM contractor, other contractors and consultants.
- Drive and champion the safety-first value and message into both design and field activities.
- Ensure contractor’s construction activities meet the approved design specifications.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns by contractors.
Actively manage priorities in a dynamic environment, with emphasis on safely meeting defined budgets and timeframes.
- Ensure construction contractors achieve required HSE standards during construction.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule, progress, cost and quality information.
- Develop and maintain the Engineering and Construction Management Plans, as key sub plans to the Project Execution Plan.
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining relevant Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs.
- Oversee the construction Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non technical documentation.
- Provide input into HSE plan.
- Review and input into construction contractor procurement process.
- Liaise with Project Services around the engineering construction change management process, including design changes, Site Instructions, Variations and or claims.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns by contractors
- Inspect all works to ensure construction activities are in accordance with engineering designs, contract specifications and authority requirements.
- Oversee, witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 10+ years project engineering construction experience.
- Recent major project delivery experience, preferably within a large blue chip mining or resources environment.
- Multi-disciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, and have effectively managed teams, preferably within an owner’s team environment, with EPCM contractor and or subcontractor management experience
- Multi-disciplined construction experience.
- Ability to resolve design and construction conflicts.
- Clear understanding of Quality and HSE management systems.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work within multiple project teams with.
- Defined timeframes and budgets.
- Able to understand importance of regularly monitoring progress and financial status of projects.
- Ability to present to executives and key stakeholders
- Leading by example, displaying Technical and Professional leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Manage conflict.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Dec. 2021