Senior Manager, Supply Chain Operations at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide overall supply chain site leadership, implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s supply chain strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the mine site.
- To develop supply chain vision for the site in alignment with Corporate, Regional and Site objectives and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- To lead the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
In This Role You Will
Site Supply Chain Management
- Oversee all supply chain operations to deliver efficient supply chain service. This includes all Warehouse Operations Management, Local procurement, oversight on functional roles on site such as sourcing and procurement, Inventory Management.
- Execute Newmont’s procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain and specifically for goods and service-oriented categories and contracts that are site specific.
- Develop procurement vision for the site in alignment with Corporate and Regional objectives and builds strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Enhance Newmont’s overall procurement capability through continuous improvement and development of the organisation.
- Act as the supply chain trusted advisor to the General Manager.
- Act as the key contact for all commercial, contracting and procurement issues on site.
- Collaborate with the regional projects commercial teams and drive business readiness.
- Formulate supply chain strategies relevant to the site in conjunction with Corporate, Region and site.
- Develop strategies and synergies between sourcing and procurement, warehousing, inventory control, accounts payable, local content, freight and logistics, and supply chain improvement and governance for effective service delivery to the site operation.
- Provide input into regional and global supply chain strategies.
- Be the key advisor on Supply Chain Deliverables in the Supplier Risk Management Process.
- Oversee all warehouse operations on the site and to verify safe and efficient delivery of service to end users.
- Accountable for all supply chain resources and people on site.
- Lead all supply chain capabilities development on site and provide input in the region.
- Execute local content strategy for the site in alignment with the regional and global strategies.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- Knowledge in ERP / EAP System knowledge.
- Knowledge of local customs and regulations.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life Cycle Procurement and Contract Management Practitioner.
- Supplier risk Management Process Practitioner.
- Between 10 to 15 years of directly related Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Between 7 to 10 years of leadership experience.
- Advanced interpersonal and relationship management skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop team and transfer knowledge.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Consultation and facilitation skills.
- Decision making.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Team motivation skills.
- Conducting needs analysis.
- Numeracy skills.
- Strong presentation and reporting skills.
- Risk management.
- Service management.
- Supply Chain management.
- System administration.
- Time management.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Results Driven.
- Willing to learn continually.
- Work well under pressure.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022