Senior Manager Human Resources at Hapag-Lloyd AG
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
To perform Human Resources related duties including the administration of company policies, programs and practices, as well as managing employee relations and employment equity programs for the Company. As a Senior Manager, the incumbent in this position assists the Managing Director with strategic direction and contributes to the business wide strategy. He / She is responsible for providing employees and managers with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving complex, escalated complaints or disputes. He / She will assist both internal and external customers in resolving complex issues requiring broad knowledge across functions. He/ She will be responsible for set-up of the people-related strategy and activities across the Area West and Central Africa and will support the expansion of the Area.
- Manage overall HR & Admin financial aspect and budget headcount control
- Administer and supervise applications of policies and regulations / local laws
- Manage/execute various projects, as required (i.e. salary reviews, old bonus schemes, employee handbook, new structure, selection of new office/s, staff placements and relocation, etc.)
- Manage all disputes and conflict issues that may arise from existing staff, departing staff, vendors, suppliers, and others; within an acceptable legal framework and existing collective bargaining agreements
- Provide advisory and consultancy role and serve as reference point for management/countries, staff & other offices.
- Manage training and development within the training budget.
- Manage the annual performance appraisal process.
- Manage manpower & recruitment.
- Manage monthly payroll for the Area West Africa and ensure Area payroll compliance. Manage the exit process including end of service calculations.
- Oversee HR & Admin staff across the Area.
- Provide reports as required to Regional HR, and work in collaboration with MD to ensure a HR structure in the Area is aligned with the Region Middle East.
- Act as key contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
- Act as performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in the people management.
- Act as change agent and promote innovation and continuous improvement. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Build a strong business relationship with the internal client.
- Actively identify gaps, propose, and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- You have completed a university degree with a focus on human resources or a comparable qualification
- You have 8 to 10 years of professional experience in the field of human resources and have worked strategically as well as operationally in your previous HR roles; ideally in an international context
- You see change as an opportunity to develop yourself and the company
- You have tried-and-tested Knowledge of the labour laws & people practices across Africa
- You are proficient in English, both written and spoken. French and/or Portuguese would be an advantage
- You are structured, analytical and have proven leadership skills
- You have strong communication skills, interpersonal relationship & confidence to drive change
- You have very good presentation skills, proactive and self-driven
- You have maturity to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- You have experience and Knowledge on on Budget / HR Overhead development and control
- You have experience and knowledge on Compensation & Benefits management
- You have experience and knowledge on Organizational Development topics (Performance and talent management )
- Constantly new, responsible tasks, the opportunity to introduce solutions of which you are personally convinced
- Excellent opportunities for further development, supported by a spacious range of training and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Health and life Insurance benefit
We look forward to receiving your application, including a meaningful curriculum vitae and relevant certificates. Please use our online tool for this purpose.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023