Senior Manager, Finance Business Partnering at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana - MTN Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Lead and manage a team and processes that provide senior management with business related financial forecasts and operating performance to inform management on the progress and effectiveness of the company’s strategic plans and investments as well as the respective levers that can be pulled to optimize performance or meet specific financial goals.
• Provide leadership for companywide forecasts (managerial accounting). Specifically, planning, budgeting, and forecasting process across the business.
• Leverage data for decisions support to management on decisions including financial performance improvement, minimizing risk, capturing new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment.
• Provide insights for a commercially robust business planning.
• Lead in providing guidance and advice to internal clients on financial implication of actions / decision
• Lead in the provision of appropriate finance support to the functional units to create competitive advantage and enhance shareholder value
• Lead in the provision of decision support to the Line of Business (LoBs) from a finance perspective
• Collaborate with Finance Centres of Excellence (CoE) and MTN Operations Finance BPs to develop and implement an integrated financial planning strategy
• Lead in identifying and mitigating risks to protect the MTN business from potential losses
• Review commission calculations to ensure that computation is in line with the approved commission structure
• Prepare and update Line and Business heads with key analytics to enable decision making
• Proactive first line controls for department related risks. This includes regulatory risks.
• Lead in delivering analysis and insight on business opportunities; providing options and scenarios for business decisions
Support special projects including mergers and acquisitions, process optimization, market research, capital allocation among others.
• Evolution to a technology business and related business models
• Platform business
• Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Focus
• Fiscal and high governance ecosystem
• Localization focus
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Lead and direct teams to address and evolve to the future direction of the organization
• Establish strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction
• Provide clarification on the strategic direction of the organization where required
• Critically compare different points of view
• Identifies linkage of actions to achieving outcomes
• Applies formal methods and strategies to enhance creative thought
• Effectively analyze the situations and collect input to make informed decision
• Identifies options and solutions for addressing problems being analyzed
• Identifies a number of solutions to problems by identifying and evaluating the various options developed and select the most effective solution
• Draws logical and objective conclusions from given data sets and validates them as the prime cause and contributing causes
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• The ability to match appropriate solutions to a variety of business needs / demands. Consistently “thinks ahead” when making decisions and seeks to preempt possible solutions
• Takes ultimate responsibility for key decisions within areas of responsibility.
• Strongly contributes to effective problem solving and decision making and is clearly accountable and seeks to effectively manage risk.
• Ability to build decision models to analyze and solve basic to intermediate problems
• Ability to use behavioral information and technical data to make a strong contribution to leadership for problem solving and decision-making.
• Will seek to influence the organization’s strategy, to ensure that the organization has the technical capability to manage and mine big data.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education & Competencies
• Tertiary qualification in Finance or a related field
• Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA, CFA, CMA) is a must
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience.
• With at least 5 years managerial/leadership level experience.
• Financial accounting/Financial management/Accounting
• Management Accounting
• Business Analytics
• Business Performance Measurement & Management
• Business Process Improvement and business consulting
• Business Analysis
• Financial Acumen
• Stakeholder Management
• Research Orientation
• Strategic acumen
Skills / physical competencies:
• Manages self and team performance, effective conflict manager, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Curiosity, Open mindedness, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and management by coaching
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Critical thinking, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-F&S-ADTRACK SMFBP003) as the email subject and CVs saved in their names. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 13 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted