Senior Manager, Finance and Administration Ghana APY Program at TechnoServe
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
TechnoServe seeks a Senior Manager of Finance and Administration who will serve as the primary financial and administrative lead of the APY Program in Ghana, which will focus mainly on poultry, soybean, tomato, and rice value chains.
Agriculture Productivity and Youth Program (APY) is a donor-funded program to improve the well-being and resilience of young women and men as a result of strengthened producers, processors, and agribusinesses in Agriculture & Adjacent Sectors. The program will implement a market systems facilitation approach that will leverage private sector actors to achieve more sustainable impacts. Program outcomes include a) Increased productivity of value chain actors in agriculture and adjacent sectors; b) Improved policy implementation to support growth in the relevant sectors; and c) Shift in mindset and fulfillment of youth towards employment and entrepreneurship in the sectors and rural futures.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the overall administration of the program, including working with TechnoServe’s local Financial Controllers and TechnoServe’s HQ support units managing operations, sub-awards & sub-contracts issued by TechnoServe, procurement of commercial goods and services, accounting and financial reporting.
- Liaises with local partners and with TechnoServe’s headquarters regarding any aspects of the program implementation related to finance.
- Ensures that financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of the program’s technical scope of work.
- Ensures that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures.
- Provides training and guidance to field staff on TechnoServe policies, procedures and requirements; donor guidelines, procedures and requirements; rules and regulations.
- Directs and guides local and subcontractor staff on compliance agreement compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, as well as related TechnoServe policies and regulations.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field with eight years’ experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs developing and managing large budgets, with relevant IT applications, demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in management, finance, accounting, and office operations(or a Bachelor’s degree and accounting professional certification with 12+ years’ relevant experience, CPA preferred).
- Proven experience managing grants and contract mechanisms, and familiarity and understanding of donor rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex budgets valued at more than $USD 15 million
- Prior experience working in emerging markets. Preference for work experience in West Africa, specifically West Africa.
Required Languages: Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, including fluency in English
Travel: Up to 15% of travel to field offices and project sites
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proven ability and experience in setting up financial management systems and procedures
- Familiarity with diverse donor financial reporting and audit requirements
- Excellent management and communication skills and a strong focus on results.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A high degree of integrity, accountability, and flexibility
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Supervisory Responsibilities – Typically, 4 to 5 mid-level staff including finance and administration managers and associates.
This position is contingent upon donor funding and approval.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th August. 2022