Senior Manager: Audit, Investigations, Risk & Compliance at African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Job Title: Senior Manager: Audit, Investigations, Risk & Compliance
Reporting to: Global CFO
Hours: Full Time (Monday- Friday, 37.5 hrs per week) flexible working considered
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Any CAMFED country of operation About CAMFED
CAMFED (Campaign for Female Education) is an international non-profit organisation tackling poverty and inequality by supporting marginalised girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change. Over the next five years we have set the audacious goal of supporting five million girls in rural sub-Saharan Africa to learn and thrive in school, and to create the future they imagine – for themselves, for their communities, and for Africa.
CAMFED places great importance on a responsible approach to risk management and mitigation. The post-holder will have a major role in ensuring that the organisational risk map outlined in country risk registers are kept under constant review and amended to reflect any changes in organisational priorities and adapted to new emerging risks. The post-holder will work to ensure that the whole range of assurance activities that are set out in CAMFED’s risk registers for each country are acted on timeously, diligently and accurately reported on. Primary responsibilities will include proactive actions to pre-empt risks as defined in the Board approved annual internal audit plan, investigating possible violations of CAMFED’s policies and procedures and the local laws and reporting on the outcome of the investigations independently, professionally without fear or favour. The role reports directly into the Global CFO.
Specific Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• The is role is responsible for identifying and mitigating organisational risks and provide compliance oversight to ensure that CAMFED’s procedures and policies are followed, and incidents of non-compliance are thoroughly investigated and reported on.
• The specific accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
Internal audit framework –
• Assist in development of CAMFED’s annual audit plan
• Assess risks defined in the national offices’ risk registers and new emerging ones
• Develop appropriate plans to investigate and / or mitigate the identified risks
• Plan and carry out internal audit assignments, develop reports and engage country management teams in reviewing and validating audit findings
• Ensuring audit finding actions are implemented
• Liaise with CAMFED’s out-sourced internal auditors to deliver the internal audit agenda
Investigations, risk and compliance framework –
• Conduct and oversee time-sensitive, complex investigations of irregularities, fraud, corruption, and/or other violations by analyzing and synthesizing fact patterns, developing and executing testing procedures; reviewing data for patterns and anomalies, conducting electronic reviews of information, developing questions for, conducting, and summarizing interviews with identified parties, identifying and documenting control deficiencies or weaknesses; partnering with key internal and external stakeholders; and providing regular and timely updates to key stakeholders on the progress of projects.
• Help maintain leading anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigative policies and practices. Keep abreast of sector legal developments relevant to anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigation activities. Proactively consider new and innovative ways of doing things that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the development of reports and other materials to communicate the results of investigations, including control deficiencies or weaknesses, fraud matters, root causes, and recommendations, to stakeholders and different audiences, including external funders.
• Support the development of various communications for different stakeholders, situations, and uses to contribute to the collective understanding of anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigative trends, risks, issues, and solutions.
• Work closely with operational, technical and other departments / offices to understand and identify existing and emerging fraud/bribery/corruption risk issues, and promote solutions to manage the risks.
• Liaise with CAMFED’s out-sourced forensic investigators to ensure complex and sensitive irregularities are investigated
Person specifications / attributes
The job holder should among other things be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Uphold CAMFED’s values, beliefs and commitments
• Demonstrate resilient leadership and the ability to inspire confidence and exemplify high standards of conduct, being dynamic, determined, positive and robust.
• Exercise sound judgement in identifying weaknesses in the organisation’s control environment and a balanced view on how significant these are.
• Give clear, professional, objective opinion and advice.
• Report on what is found, independently without fear or favour.
• Demonstrate integrity to staff and others in the organisation
• Work well with others with specific responsibilities for internal control, risk management and governance including the CAMFED’s Executive Team and Audit Committees
• Work positively and constructively, influencing the leadership teams and others to ensure the IA recommendations are implemented.
• Adopt an objective and flexible style, being able to collaborate and be pragmatic, and challenge where appropriate.
• Ability to develop and manage strong and complex relationships across countries as part of a centralized function and externally with multiple stakeholders.
• Work effectively with the leadership team and audit committees, showing political awareness and sensitivity.
• Be seen to be objective and independent but also pragmatic where appropriate
• Strong analytical and exceptional organizational skills needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases
Qualification Required & Experience
The following experience is preferred:
• Significant proven track record within a fast-paced Investigations, Risk and Compliance environment.
• At least 7 years’ experience of working at senior management level in a similar role.
• Professional qualifications in Internal Audit and Investigations as well as being a member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
• Proven track record within an Internal Audit/Risk and Compliance function, with demonstratable ability to lead internal audit reviews and investigations into fraud/bribery/corruption and other misconduct.
• Ability to work accurately with minimal supervision, manage multiple and shifting priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
• Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
Up to 50% travel to CAMFED consortium countries’ of operation in Africa.
CAMFED is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Board members. We aim to ensure that this commitment, reinforced by our values, is embedded in our day-to-day working practices and our work together.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining the reasons why you have applied for the role, and reference ‘Senior Manager, Investigations, Risk & Compliance’ to:
Closing Date: 03 May, 2022
Please note, only applications with a cover letter will be considered.