Senior Financial Accountant at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana - Tullow Oil Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will be responsible for undertaking, completing, and reviewing all aspects of the Financial Accounting processes in Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Inventory Management.
The role would suit an individual who enjoys undertaking new challenges and looks for creative and innovative solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified individual who has previously worked within finance in an international and/or large company/firm to join a forward-thinking organisation, which puts its people first.
The Successful Candidate’s Responsibilities include:
• Accurate accounting for O&M services, materials and inventory.
• Supervising the AP processes to ensure accurate accounting of costs and timely payment of O&M invoices.
• Maintaining O&M accounting control environment. Including review and posting of journals and proposing updates of key control and process documentation.
• Reviewing O&M suppliers, contractors and other relevant General Ledger accounts reconciliations performed by Accenture and Finance teams.
• Providing O&M and inventory accounting guidance and expertise to the Finance and Accenture teams as appropriate.
• Representing Finance in O&M projects that require finance representation and ensure financial accounting and internal control risks are addressed.
• Pro-actively engaging in Group-wide Corporate Projects.
• Supporting Accenture in preparation, reviewing, or approval of journals prior to posting to SAP/ Cognos Controller.
• Ensuring appropriate governance procedures are followed when posting of journals.
• Managing O&M prepayments, ensuring that they are appropriately released over the correct period.
• Managing Business As Usual interactions with Accenture to ensure they receive necessary data/support to ensure an accurate and timely closure of the books every month.
• Supporting periodic audits by providing accurate and timely responses to O&M, inventory, and related queries.
• Applying the risk and assurance principles day to day in the prioritisation and execution of your role.
• Actively participating in all risk and assurance activities in the department or in the BU when requested.
• Post qualification experience in a finance position.
• Financial accounting and IFRS knowledge and experience.
• SAP Accounting knowledge.
• TMI/Cognos experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude.
• Adept at dealing with individuals at levels in the organisation.
• Excellent time and team management skills.
• Shows aptitude for continuous improvement.
• Collaborative and team player.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Knowledge and experience of oil and gas industry is an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• A qualified member of a professional Accounting body (e.g. CA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results. A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people. A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance. Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022