Senior Engineer – Mine Planning at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Engineer – Mine Planning (Medium Term)
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To provide technical mine designs to support the production and planning functions as well as performing sophisticated engineering duties to support mine studies and projects.
- Contribute to the technical services team and support functions in providing technical operational support
- Contribute to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and external service providers by complying with existing processes and procedures
- Complies with existing processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified
- Utilizes and maintains processes to ensure the development of optimized plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements.
- Ensure that the use of department resources & time are optimized to ensure delivery of the required designs.
- Provide guidance to short-term planning / scheduling to ensure alignment to longer-term goals.
- Assist in developing long term guidelines & procedures and ensure they are updated bi-annually as required.
- Assist in planning the work required to deliver reserve calculations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize established systems to collect and manage operational data, monitor performance and for identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence.
- Work closely with short term to ensure compliance to the plans.
- Ensure pit & dump engineering designs are available and meet all technical and safety requirements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications within the department and other departments by maintaining appropriate relationships.
- Assist in planning the work required and deliver reserve calculations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement, sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Perform any related planning duties that may be required from time to time.
- Continuously identify and address gaps in own performance and develop mitigating action plans to close the gap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or its related field from a recognized institution
- 7 years proven experience in mine planning in open pit mining environment
- Must possess Mine Foreman certificate of competency from MINCOM
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of fundamental open pit designs
- Proficiency with Mine Planning Software packages
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods to applicable site
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must posses very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th Dec. 2021