Senior EHS Advisor at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Senior EHS Advisor in Ghana. This position is based full time in Takoradi and on a permanent basis. The individual will provide EHS leadership, oversight, support and assurance for all projects and activities within the Takoradi operational sites to ensure safe and sustainable operations.The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
- Support and regularly engage Logistics Base management and department heads in achieving safety objectives and in the management of EHS within the Takoradi operational sites.
- Ensure that corporate policies and EHS Management system are implemented and adhered to through the provision of expert EHS advice, leadership, and guidance.
- Liaise with relevant departments to plan and develop strategic EHS assurance and verification activity schedule e.g. monitor, audit and performance review.
- Lead, coordinate and/or participate in Takoradi incident investigations and adopt measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure EHS risks are identified, reported, reviewed & updated on a regular basis, and assure effectiveness of controls.
- Regularly assess and lead in the development/review of relevant EHS procedures and ensure conformance/compliance with Tullow policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure relevant trainings and awareness requirements are identified and effectively delivered to enhance continuous improvement.
- Maintain a high personal level of familiarity with all Tullow EHS procedures, those specifically applicable to onshore and offshore logistical, and subsea activities.
- Build relationships within Contractor & Sub Contractor organisations to ensure that clearly defined EHS objectives and metrics are established, communicated, reported, reviewed, and performance managed.
- Able to lead and influence EHS at all levels
- Passion for EHS and promotion of EHS values and Tullow behaviours
- Organizational and coordination skills – ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
- Adaptable in fast changing environments and delivers results through a pragmatic and positive approach
- High level of experience in coaching and training which will be crucial in developing our workforce (i.e. demonstrable training experience)
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical EHS and committed to high EHS standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with motivating attitude and ability to work effectively with diverse teams at all levels both internally and externally
- High personal integrity
- Demonstrable skills in MS Office.
- Good report writing skills
- Planner, goal setter, service oriented and self-driven.
Education And Experience
- Tertiary level qualification in engineering, science or EHS related subject
- NEBOSH general certificate or higher (international diploma), or equivalent qualification preferred
- Qualified ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 Certified Internal Auditor / Lead Auditing
- Extensive oil and gas, subsea and logistics experience
- Proven EHS experience in Logistics, Subsea, Projects, and Construction EHS management.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.To Achieve This, We Offer Our EmployeesA performance-driven culture that generates results.A commitment to your personal and professional development.A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.Recognition and reward for your performance.Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th September, 2023