Senior Contracts Officer at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s regional outline agreement services procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain, specifically focused on sourcing and procurement of services categories and outline agreements critical for the business.
- Collaborate with effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services in order to deliver best outcome of value to their budget.
- Proactively interact with suppliers and external bodies in order to ensure continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations.
- Facilitates the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and contract Management process.
- Seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities in order to deliver value for the region.
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
In This Role You Will
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicates purchasing vision and builds strong working relationships with internal stakeholders/customers and external business partners.
- Responsible for tactical and operational engagement with End users into order to ensure continuity of supplier and effective management of budget.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Understand End-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive purchasing activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Collaborate with the Senior Site Supply Chain Manager and Sourcing and Procurement Manager to verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
- Generate Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) which can be converted to Forward Purchasing Agreement (FPA) contracts.
- Execute Forward Purchasing Agreement (FPA) agreements in a timely manner, which efficiently minimizes future labor and price for administering inventories.
- Evaluate Forward Purchasing Agreement (FPA) tenders and Request for Quotations (RFQs); with the ability to select the best value price and/or solution.
- Conduct contractor meetings including pre-bid, pre-award, progress, performance, negotiation, and close-out for large complex contracts as required.
- Negotiate changes in contract scope of work, prepare and execute change orders as needed.
- Facilitate the Supplier Risk Management process.
- Apply Newmont Lifecycle procurement and contracting process in all procurement’s activities.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Analyze and review processes for improvement and/or identification of outdated procedures.
- Assist the Senior Site Supply Chain Manager and Sourcing and Procurement Manager in the development of departmental policy, procedures and materials management strategies.
- Provide capability support and facilitate the lifecycle procurement and contract management process to enable optimum delivery of value and total cost of ownership assessment.
Reporting and Analytics
- Prepare procurement reports for management as required or requested.
- Seek, develop and present market intelligence required for Newmont procurement process.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s).
- Prioritize and allocate tasks / responsibilities.
- Check and control the quality of work outputs.
- Develop capability of team members.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Civil Engineering, Building Technology, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP) / Employee Assistance Program (EAP) System Knowledge.
- Lifecycle procurement and contract management.
- Supplier Risk Management process
- Knowledge of P2P Transactional Processes.
- Knowledge of customs and regulations.
- Local Content Legislation.
- Contract Lifecycle Management.
- Good understanding and application of Total Cost of Ownership procurement model.
- Effective Negotiator.
- 5-7 years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- 3 years of supervision experience – leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Data Management skills
- Have a working knowledge of contracting practices, documentation, Supplier Risk Management Process and basic inventory management.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, knowledge of all Supply Chain functional areas.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in all dealings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Effective Leader.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn continually.
- The Position is located at the Ahafo South mine site.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2023