Senior Construction Manager at International Hospitals Group (IHG)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Hospitals Group (IHG)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Construction Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all phases of construction projects from initiation to completion. You will report to the Project Manager on all matters specifically HSE and QA.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Monitor programme and ensure progress is maintained in accordance with programme sequence and periods.
- Complete and maintain the Daily Diary.
- Be fully conversant with Project Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and ensure it is complied with.
Team Leadership: Organise areas of works so that operations are carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to operatives, equipment, and materials and to ensure all trade foremen and labourers have received, either directly or by the trade contractor’s Site Manager, precise instructions on their methods of work and responsibilities for correct working methods.
- Co-ordinate the activities of trade contractors.
- See that all registers for plant and equipment are completed on time and that Operator is competent to operate item of plant or equipment.
Budget and Cost Management: Monitor and control Company supplied materials.
Quality Control: Implement and maintain rigorous quality control measures to ensure compliance with specifications, building codes, and industry standards.
- Ensure that all works under your control are compliant with the drawings and specification.
- Check that trade contractors are using current drawings and information.
- Promote Zero Defects policy and ensure compliance. Actively check all operations / sections of works for compliance and ensure all elements are recorded and signed off.
- Monitor all non-compliant works and ensure approved remedial action is taken in a timely manner.
- Monitor / update all non-compliant works using NCRs.
Risk Management: Identify potential risks and proactively develop strategies to mitigate them, ensuring a smooth project flow.
- Do not permit any operations to take place which have not been planned or for which a risk assessment and method statement has not been undertaken.
- Arrange delivery and placing of materials to avoid double handling risks.
Safety Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to health, safety, and environmental regulations on-site, promoting a culture of safety among the construction team.
- Monitor and ensure site rules and other requirements are being complied with.
- Check that all plant and machinery, power and hand tools including all electrical leads and transformers are maintained in good condition.
- Ensure all hazardous materials are properly marked to enable adequate precautions to be taken.
- Monitor that all new operatives are supervised and comply with site rules and health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensure temporary electric supply is installed and maintained without endangering operatives and equipment.
- Ensure that First Aiders and all items of first-aid equipment as required by legislation are available and their location known to all operatives/employees.
- Experienced working in Africa.
- Recognised H&S qualification.
- CSCS Card or alternative required.
- Extensive experience in construction managing large-scale hospital projects.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Jan, 2024