Senior Commercial Advisor at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Advisor to join the Commercial and Planning team.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the commercial team with a focus on the commercialisation of discovered gas within two of Tullow’s operated fields in Ghana, as well as extending Tullow’s exploration within the country.
You should be an expert negotiator, effectively building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full-time permanent position, based in our Accra, Ghana office with hybrid working arrangements.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
- Contributions to the drafting and negotiations of key agreements including Gas Sales Agreement and ancillary agreements.
- Structuring and negotiating agreements with the central government and government entities that would secure access to additional development opportunities and exploration rights.
- Identify and consider potential initiatives to improve value in the assets including establishing a strategy towards;
- License timeline.
- Long term lease financial/commercial structure for key contracts incl. FPSO lease.
- Asset investment plans and Capital allocation approach.
- Ad-hoc commercial support to the Commercial Manager and BU leadership team.
- Compliance with IMS processes. Lead internal commercial approval processes as applicable (GATE, ATN, Peer reviews).
- Establishing and building relationships with key government counterparties.
- Commercial support to lenders DD process and structures.
- Commercial support to upstream EPC and supply chain workstreams.
- Sound business judgement and commercial acumen, analyzing a combination of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Proven working knowledge of petroleum economics.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiations skills required to deliver key commercial agreements with various counterparts including Host governments, JV Partners, and financial institutions.
- Deliver under pressure, sometimes with conflicting priorities and managing internal and external tensions.
- Excellent communicator, including presentation skills and quality reporting capability.
- Ability to work cross functionally and discuss with confidence subjects that fall out with one’s own area of technical expertise.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain Management processes and industry best practices.
- Identify and quantify risks to the business and propose risk mitigation tactics, identifying the key decisions required.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance or an engineering or science discipline.
- Substantial and broad previous experience in working in assets across the full E&P lifecycle.
- Demonstrated positive track record of working with joint venture parties and governmental bodies.
- Substantial experience in working in a functional area, commercial, Finance or other within E&P.
At Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, where everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
Regular working from home in the Ghana with at least 2 working days per week in the Accra office.
Ability to manage working hours to balance work/life commitments.
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship.
Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network.
We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2022