Senior Business Advisor at TechnoServe
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
TechnoServe works with enterprising women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
- Position Description
The Senior Business Advisor will fill the role in an anticipated agricultural project funded by a donor, focusing on the cocoa value chain. The proposed program seeks to build the capacity of cocoa cooperatives to independently source cocoa beans according to the donor’s specifications and principles, and supply beans to other international buyers. TechnoServe will enhance the capacity of the network of supplier cooperatives through customized management support designed to strengthen the financial and business skills of the cooperative leaders, employees, and members.
The Senior Business Advisor will provide capacity building support to cooperative leaders in the program. S/He will provide technical and managerial support needed to the cooperative leaders to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with project partners. The Senior Business Advisor will provide technical and managerial support needed to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with partners throughout the value chain.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager in designing and executing the planned interventions
- Facilitate, develop, and manage cooperatives; focus on capacity building, governance structure, administrative and financial management, and member services
- Provide business advisory to cooperative leaders, managers, and relevant members in key areas for development
- Conduct follow-up coaching visits to the cooperatives during monthly site visits
- Support Project Manager to develop action plans in close collaboration with cooperative leaders and relevant employees
- Support Project Manager to identify new opportunities for investment readiness
- Strict adherence to timeframe of assignments in project life-scope
- Ensure accurate data is collected and captured for monthly report and analysis
- Support training material revision; analyze training needs and tailor and improve curricula as needed
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management, Accounting and other relevant fields
- Minimum of 7 – 9 in capacities relating to either agribusiness, marketing, SME development or advisory services
- Deep knowledge of the cocoa industry and its challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High levels of cultural sensitivity and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
Travel: Willingness to travel within the country up to 40% of the time
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that prevents you from using our online system to apply for a job at TechnoServe, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May. 2022