Senior Associate, Communications, External Relations & Knowledge at Palladium
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Partnerships for Forests (P4F)
The main objective of the Partnerships for Forest(P4F) programme is to support a set of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and initiatives which demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to a reduction in rates of deforestation, as well as a range of related enabling activities to address the policy environment. Expected results include prevention of deforestation, reforestation of degraded land and leverage of private finance. The programme will also aim to support a transformation to sustainability in markets for commodities that are associated with deforestation, including timber, palm oil, soya, beef, paper and board.
Partnerships for Forests is seeking a Senior Associate, Communications, External Relations & Knowledge who will be a key member of the West and Central Africa team and will be responsible for the implementation of Partnerships for Forests’ communication and external relations activities in the region. The Senior Associate will also act as Project Officer on selected projects in the portfolio. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana, and will require regular travel.
Communications responsibilities (60%)
• Oversee and coordinate knowledge management and outreach activities for the programme in the West and Central Africa region, in order to raise awareness of the programme across a wide range of stakeholders and audiences and promote the participation and engagement in the programme by private sector actors, national governments, and international and local civil society organisations.
- Manage the implementation of communications and outreach activities in the West and Central Africa Region, including activities to support the identification of projects to support, activities to review and strengthen the communications activities of partners and grantees, and activities to capture and share learning from the programme in the form of ‘knowledge products.
- Manage the development of communications materials and products to support regional programme activities, including the development of presentations, one page flyers, project summaries etc.
- Work closely with the central project team in the UK and the regional team to align regional communications and outreach activities to programme priorities and ensure consistent messaging.
- Supply regular social media content relevant to the region to the External Relations central team.
- Organise, identify, and participate in events, including online events such as webinars, to highlight the programme and market opportunities.
- Travel within the region to support and/or to carry out the implementation of communication and outreach activities.
- Participate in relevant management meetings in relation to communication, knowledge management and/or grants management.
- Contribute to strategic planning and reporting.
- Responsible for sharing lessons and impact stories around projects under implementation.
- Lead the regional work streams in generating FCDO reports, internal reports and updated project reports/updates.
Project Officer Responsibilities (40%)
As Project Officer on selected projects (as assigned by the Regional Manager), the Senior Associate will:
• Act as the relationship manager for projects and partnerships in sustainable forestry and land use that are being considered for funding or are already receiving support from Partnerships for Forests.
- Work with project leads at partner/grantee organizations, as well as internal and external experts, to strengthen concept notes, project proposals and other documentation for review by management teams and FCDO.
- Oversee the implementation of projects by grantees and subcontractors, in close collaboration with the Grants, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Communications teams.
- Ensure effective management of projects under implementation and ensure timely reporting. and monitoring to achieve project outcomes and impacts.
- Responsible for ensuring projects under implementation achieve P4F milestone targets as planned.
- Lead and actively participate in team problem solving sessions and provide data insight and trends.
- Accelerate the development of projects for grants approval/ Technical Assistance approval in the region.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project sites for successful implementation of activities.
- Actively participate in relevant stakeholder meetings to build knowledge and engage with key stakeholders in the region.
- Identify opportunities to improve on own competency by undergoing trainings to build ability to contribute to program delivery.
• Post-graduate qualifications preferable in communications, project management, marketing or branding or a related field.
- Extensive working experience in communications and outreach in the sustainable forestry, agricultural commodity supply chain, natural resource management, PPPs or similar fields and experience on FCDO programmes or other donor initiatives, will bean advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders in multi-cultural settings.
- Demonstrated experience in external relations, multi-stakeholder facilitation and event management.
- Ability to facilitate e-communication and web-based technologies for professional purposes.
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with document management, content management and web-based design would be an advantage.
- Highly effective communication and high level of proficiency in written and spoken English and French.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th Oct. 2021