Senior Assistant Librarian at AsanSka University College of Design and Technology
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AsanSka University College of Design and Technology
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AsanSka University College of Design and Technology is a private University College located at Oyibi, Accra, accredited by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission and affiliated with the University of Education, Winneba. We are a practice-based institution, offering Programmes in Jewellery Design Technology, Digital Media and Communication Design, Fashion Design, and Product Design and Entrepreneurship at the Degree, Diploma, and Certificate levels.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Assistant Librarian to join our team. For this position, you will have to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of library database systems and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as a great part of your job will involve interacting with staff and students.
- Collection Development: Manage and oversee the acquisition and organisation of library materials, including books, digital resources, journals, and other relevant materials.
- Information Services:Provide exceptional reference and research assistance to faculty, students, and other staff.
- Cataloging and Classification: Ensure accurate cataloging, classification, and maintenance of library materials in accordance with professional standards.
- Digital Resources Management: Oversee the digital collection, including e-books, e-journals, and databases, ensuring accessibility and user-friendly interfaces.
- Library Technology: Collaborate with the IT Department to ensure the smooth operation of library systems, including integrated library software and online databases. Maintain library records and ensure they are updated.
- Research Support: Support faculty and student research by providing access to research tools, and other relevant resources.
- Master’s degree in Library Studies/Information Studies from an accredited institution.
- Strong knowledge of library management systems, cataloging, and classification standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in an academic library setting is a plus.