Senior Advisor – Public Financial Management at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Our new Global Client Solutions team is at the heart of how we capture “what we do” and then deploy the best of the Institute and our networks to global leaders through our country advisory teams. Our globally and regionally situated experts provide valuable counsel, technical support, thought partnership, and surge capacity and lead the development and evolution of our solutions, methods, and offers in the service of our partner governments.
As a centre of excellence, Global Client Solutions is comprised of our global and regional experts – functional and sectoral. Our functional offers include Strategy: supporting political leaders to identify priorities and barriers to progress, Policy advisory: finding the right solutions, Delivery: making change happen, and then harnessing the transformative power of Technology to support leaders to engage with forward-looking opportunities. Sectorally, we work on the topics at the heart of senior political agendas from economic prosperity, climate change and energy, health and education, to peace and security.
We are hiring a Senior Advisor, Public Financial Management – Advisory. In this new senior role, you will support to build and grow a global practice providing support to senior political leaders and Ministers of Finance, our clients, on public financial management (PFM). Including solutions to enable TBI teams and clients solve critical issues in modern PFM: how to align government financial constraints with strategic, political, citizen-centric priorities, how to reform internal digital financial management systems, how to reform internal PFM governance, and major macroeconomic issues from currency to debt sustainability.
This will require strong interpersonal relationship building, as well as strong political and policy development experience helping governments achieve their priority goals. To deliver your remit, you will work with country teams to drive our global offer, but will need to effectively engage with the knowledge and resources across the Institute including our partnerships team and Policy & Politics Division.
This is a global senior expert role with significant travel expected (~30%) to current and potential TBI client locations from the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. The ideal candidate will have globally relevant expertise and experience working at the highest levels of government.
Please note that for our Nairobi and Athens offices you must have an existing right to work in country.
Advisory support and expertise:
- Provide hands-on support to clients and TBI country teams to create actionable, articulate PFM development plans, including strategic fiscal framework allocations, PFM digital tool development and internal PFM governance reforms
- On policy design, collaborate with TBI’s internal advisory, policy and politics expertise, regional/country teams and external experts to bring world-class policy thinking to our clients
- Shape and embody a positive culture that drives ambition, innovation and delivery
Leadership & offer development:
- With the Senior Director, Economic Prosperity lead the development of TBI’s global PFM offer, identifying its core areas of support, TBI’s unique value proposition, implementing partnerships and staff resourcing
- Support organisational learning on PFM methodologies and technologies by leading the creation of a toolkit and supporting learning & knowledge events within Advisory, as well as across TBI
- Support a true team and “one TBI” culture, and the rest of the organisation to engage in communities of practice agnostic of “boxes and lines”
- Represent the Institute at global events and potentially contribute to written PFM thought leadership and publications in collaboration with TBI External Communications and the Policy & Politics division
- Advance TBIs participation or leadership of global events
- Support TBI PFM network development which contributes to our growth and partnerships which enhance our support to senior political leaders
This is a senior leadership role requiring an exceptional candidate:
- Notable, hands-on experience as a senior advisor to governments on PFM systems, debt sustainability and IMF programs/processes
- Professional with strong history helping governments and political leaders with budget processes, identifying strategic fiscal priorities, how to define sustainable forward-looking national fiscal frameworks while balancing the day-to-day fiscal pressures of governing
- A strong network with the major international financial institutions including the IMF and World Bank
- Experience with stakeholder management, relationship building and “getting things done” in complex organizations
- A track-record developing frameworks and toolkits to enable organisations and colleagues to learn and deliver effectively
- Fluency in English is required with proficiency in an additional language an advantage
- Willingness for international travel approximately 30 percent
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th Jan, 2024