Security Supervisor – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Supervisor – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Security Superintendent – Underground Operations in managing a team to ensure the effective manpower deployment in a manner to effectively and proactively address risk including unauthorized access to underground working, Shafts and Portal environments. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in providing a safe and secure work environment.
- Act on behalf of the Security Superintendent, to manage deployed guards within the boundaries and context relevant to their assigned duties.
- Provide the Security Superintendent with work-related information regarding individuals (positive and negative) within the team and any obstacles that may hinder performance.
- Supervise and report on performance of security guards, i.e. Underground patrols, searches, technology utilization etc on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure effective daily deployment of guards (AGAG and PSSP) at various shafts/portal including inspection of underground Security bulkheads and steel gates.
- Coach, plan task, observe and supervise security guards.
- Ensure manpower availability 24/7 and report on any challenges for immediate redress.
- Assist the Security Superintendent-Underground to implement training programs to improve and address identified training needs to enhance guards’ performance.
- Provide guards with clear role descriptions and post instructions to ensure they have a clear understanding of tasks assigned to them.
- Implement policies and procedures within area of responsibility according to the Department’s specific standards.
- Initiate preliminary investigations into security breaches at area of responsibility and escalate as appropriate.
- Conduct random patrols underground to ensure compliance and prevent theft of GBM.
- Ensure adherence to Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Identify, report and develop strategies to counter/mitigate security risks within area of accountability
- Participate in audits and risk assessments at areas of responsibility to ensure compliance and standardization.
- Implement appropriate procedures to ensure good housekeeping at Areas of Responsibility (AOR).
- Serve as communication link between superior and subordinates
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner
- Ensure that the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, etc.) of the Safety Management System are complied with.
- Ensure prompt reporting of all injuries, illness, and safety incidents
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental KPIs of the AGAG Obuasi.
- Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Security related degree/ diploma.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Industry security related experience with at least two (2) years in supervisory role.
- Knowledge of underground terrain and understanding of underground mining.
- Experience in explosives management and processes.
- Experience in Underground Mining Operations.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Problem solving, lateral thinking & analytical skills
- Inspires & Motivate Others
- Displays high integrity & honesty
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Team player
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Zeal for Self-Development
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Oct. 2021